All reviews great location nordstrom entrance front desk water wall full kitchen walking distance small kitchen houston galleria free breakfast comfortable hotel hot breakfast yogurt easy access dishwasher conditioner soap sofa
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Stayed in a recently renovated room - very clean and comfortable and quiet - slept very well. Staff was very friendly when I was checking in - very friendly and unlike lots of hotel receptionists in that respect! I also enjoyed the breakfast -- very convenient right downstairs. The newspaper was available and things were peaceful. I would not go back there, though, without a rental car. I had a difficult time getting a cab and waited over 30 minutes one day (even with the front desk assisting me, atlhough not trying to do so as urgently as I woudl have liked). I think this was an anomaly but it created a serious issue with me because I had not factored in that much wait time. It is a good functional hotel and cleaner and more peaceful than similar places but it is not 5 star. It is also in the middle of renovations so the outside reflects that. Near Galleria.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

DCIrish,

I am very pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed the Hotel and our team. These comments go a long way with everyone here! We love to receive feedback; good or bad, so we are able to provide great service to our guests. I must apologize for the time it took to get a cab. Although, we can't control their response time I was surprised to hear that our follow up with the Cab Comapny could have been better. Please feel free to email me at adavis@sonesta.com if you wish to share the exact details so that we may improve our service.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed there over the Labor Day weekend to attend the Wisconsin - LSU game at NRG Field. The rooms are nice and extensive with accommodations, including a stove, microwave, refrigerator, two TV's, glassware, and a hide-a-bed. The bathroom was fine...soap, shampoo, and conditioner came from dispensers in the shower.

There's free beer and wine from 5:30 - 7:30 PM on off-days, and there's even free breakfast and dinners. I did have to call down for blankets and collect them, since they didn't have the staff on-hand to bring them up.

A small pool and courtyard adorn the back of the property, which is pretty cool. There's even a grilling area where we got to meet some friendly LSU fans and their kids!

One tip not related to our hotel. Get addresses of places you're going from the front desk. The cab drivers we had during our stay didn't know any attraction by name, and needed addresses to be able to take us where we needed to go. Thank goodness, Omar at the front desk was very willing to help us with this mundane task.

But, for our purposes, the rooms were just fine.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vinpach
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

We truly appreciate the time you took to give such a thoughtful review. On behalf of the team here at Sonesta Suites we thank you for your business. It was a great game, Wisconsin took a few bad breaks at the end.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

A central Hotel, with excellent services, with an exceptional staff and confortable and great rooms, all that you need to feel in home.
the pets are allowed and with many sites to get some entertainment just in front of the hotel. One of the biggest Malls in Houston only at 2 blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
1  Thank Julio R
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Julio,

Thank you for your time and your business. We are pleased to hear that we met all your expectectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The beds!! JUST AWESOME!! I never wanted to leave. We were able to walk to the Galleria and to the Water Wall. Definitely go see the water wall.
Breakfast was great! Came with a full size fridge and a dishwasher

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Stacy,

Thank you for your review. We are just about done with all of our room renovations and I can tell you our beds just got way more awesome!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Excellent service and location, few steps from the Galleria. Very spacious rooms. The staff always willing to help. Good breakfast, better than the ones in most hotels. Family friendly, swimming pool and gym.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Liza, we really appreciate it whenever our guests take time out of their day to give feedback on the Sonesta ES Suites with the Tripadvisor community. Thank you for this time and thank you for your business!