All reviews galleria mall great location front desk extended stay hotel full kitchen walking distance kitchen area social hour free breakfast small kitchen laundry room rooms are spacious hot breakfast great customer service yogurt easy access renovation
Reviewed April 16, 2014

everything is well. the room is clear, the staff is very friendly and the location of hotel is also good. just one problems, the food do not have too much changeable.it will be awesome if the food could change frequently.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your time in reviewing our Hotel and for your business! I am excited to tell you about our upcoming changes to our food offerings with our reimaging that is taking place as we speak! At Sonesta, we believe food is art and our culinary team has been hard at work creating a new menu for breakfast and social offerings that will be an industry leader in extended stay hotels. I look forward to welcoming you back if ever your travels bring you to the Houston area again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I always stay at the Royal Sonesta when in Houston. It has be best service, great location to upscale shopping, business, and restaurants. From entry at the front door to the exit checkout, this facility has the best of the best!!!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I've stayed at this property a number of times in the past. The staff is excellent. They are all very friendly and always willing to help. They go out of their way to make you comfortable.

The hotel is conveniently located near the Galleria, so the location is excellent, the staff is professional and friendly, the beds are very comfortable. The suites are well equipped and comfortable for long stays. You can make it like home. The breakfast and evening reception are nice. The food area is kept clean and well stocked. There is always someone on hand to clear clutter and restock. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are spacious.

The room I was assigned on this last stay had a very loud air conditioning unit that was right above the television. In order to hear the television, I'd have to turn it up quite a bit or turn the AC unit off. It is Houston, that isn't always an option. In the hallway there are areas where the carpet is covering up holes. Ladies wearing high-heeled should be careful. I almost tripped a number of times. Those are the only warning I'll leave you with. Even with these warnings, I'd still highly recommend a stay here and I'm pretty sure I'll stay here again and I've stayed at several hotels in this immediate area.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your time and your continued patronage. We are very excited about our renovations that begin next month. This will be more than your average renovation; it will be a complete reimaging of the Hotel. Be sure to reach out to us again on your next visit to Houston so we can show you are Brand New Hotel!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I found a gem through the web. I really enjoyed the layout of my suite and the proximity to shopping and Downtown. Hotel staff is attentive and extremely customer service focused. The pricing is reasonable and I believe I received above average value for my money. I read the reviews that proceeded my booking, and the fact is we are talking about a value priced Suite in the Galleria area of Houston. Try to beat this locale. Admittedly, parts of the property were a bit worn, but overall I rated this a 9 out of 10 in its category. I travel often and in this price range it is in the top of its peer group.

Room tip: I was on the fourth floor in the front and I had no problem with any noise from traffic. I suggest a suite if you want to do some work in the room.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank P H

Thank you for your time and your review of the Sonesta ES Suites. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back if your travel plans bring you back to our area!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I can honestly say that after reading the reviews here, I was concerned about my booking this location and property. However, after staying the weekend here, I couldn't disagree with the poor reviews more.
I emailed ahead of our arrival and was answered quickly by Ms. Ashley Williams
( Front Desk supervisor). I wanted to insure that our room request would be honored upon arrival. (There are only a few (2) Bedroom Suites in their inventory) She assured me that if for any reason it would not be accommodated I would notified. She emailed me the day before to advise that they were not in a sold out position the evening before and that we could even check in early..(Which we did)...

This property is very close to Upscale Shopping at the Houston Galleria. Check-in was handled quickly and professionally. We had to chose either covered or uncovered parking, and we chose the uncovered as it was a bit closer to the front door.

We were a family of (5) Adults, so the (2) bedroom/ (2) Bath suite configuration worked perfectly for us all to shower and prepare for a "formal" evening out. The (2) Bedrooms were separated by a spacious Living Room with a small kitchenette. The rooms were clean and furnishings were well appointed...The beds were comfy and all linens were fresh and clean. We were even lucky enough to be placed in a room with a spacious balcony. Room #224.

We can only comment on the breakfast buffet as we did not partake of the other meals. The Buffet was hot and fresh and provided an array of fresh fruits, pastries of all kinds, juices,ham, eggs and even a self serve make your own waffle station. The Buffet area was well attended by the staff and kept clean and neat.

Please keep in mind this is NOT the Four Seasons....but I found this property Well ABOVE Average for any extended stay hotel. We paid $200,.00 per night, but felt this to be a fantastic Price to have (2) Bedrooms and (2) Full Baths and a common sitting area were we could all be together and chat late into the evening..

Thanks Ashley and the Sonesta ES Staff for making our family getogether a weekend to remember...!!

Room tip: Room #224.suited a family of (5) adults perfectly..
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanky ou for your time in reviewing our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.