All reviewsgreat locationnordstrom entrancefront deskwater wallfull kitchenwalking distancesmall kitchenhouston galleriafree breakfastcomfortable hotelhot breakfastyogurteasy accessdishwasherconditionersoapsofa
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I can honestly say that after reading the reviews here, I was concerned about my booking this location and property. However, after staying the weekend here, I couldn't disagree with the poor reviews more.
I emailed ahead of our arrival and was answered quickly by Ms. Ashley Williams
( Front Desk supervisor). I wanted to insure that our room request would be honored upon arrival. (There are only a few (2) Bedroom Suites in their inventory) She assured me that if for any reason it would not be accommodated I would notified. She emailed me the day before to advise that they were not in a sold out position the evening before and that we could even check in early..(Which we did)...

This property is very close to Upscale Shopping at the Houston Galleria. Check-in was handled quickly and professionally. We had to chose either covered or uncovered parking, and we chose the uncovered as it was a bit closer to the front door.

We were a family of (5) Adults, so the (2) bedroom/ (2) Bath suite configuration worked perfectly for us all to shower and prepare for a "formal" evening out. The (2) Bedrooms were separated by a spacious Living Room with a small kitchenette. The rooms were clean and furnishings were well appointed...The beds were comfy and all linens were fresh and clean. We were even lucky enough to be placed in a room with a spacious balcony. Room #224.

We can only comment on the breakfast buffet as we did not partake of the other meals. The Buffet was hot and fresh and provided an array of fresh fruits, pastries of all kinds, juices,ham, eggs and even a self serve make your own waffle station. The Buffet area was well attended by the staff and kept clean and neat.

Please keep in mind this is NOT the Four Seasons....but I found this property Well ABOVE Average for any extended stay hotel. We paid $200,.00 per night, but felt this to be a fantastic Price to have (2) Bedrooms and (2) Full Baths and a common sitting area were we could all be together and chat late into the evening..

Thanks Ashley and the Sonesta ES Staff for making our family getogether a weekend to remember...!!

Room Tip: Room #224.suited a family of (5) adults perfectly..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanky ou for your time in reviewing our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Absolutely not good enough , very impoverished and poorly presented ,it did not appear to be very clean . The rooms and common areas need fully refurbished with new carpets throughout . It also urgently required new bathrooms and there no obvious evidence of a planned upgrade ..

We arrived from UK on a Sat evening very much looking forward to visiting our favourite US state and city ..Houston in Texas..and when my wife witnessed the condition of Sonesta Suites we simply refused to stay there after viewing the Hotel and room (we had paid over $1100 for 8 days in advance ) ..we decided we wanted more comfort , amenity and cleanliness for our our hard earned holiday ..

The young man ( I think his name was Omar) at the front desk was very personable and polite and he explained the hotels policy and their no refund ..The manager (Austin) was not there to deal with our concerns so we had to moved to a nearby hotel for our time in Houston ..We were very disappointed that our holiday was to be be ruined by such a poorly prepared and presented hotel ..

The up front payment we made turned out to be non a refundable payment to Sonesta Suite , this Arranged for us by United Airlines in conjunction with Expedia ..the cost we paid was $1100 in advance ....I hope all that "easy money " goes toward a refurb and decor and a new cleaning system..and a raise for Omar who took the blame very well ..

However we went to another hotel which was a one and a half stars higher than the Sonesta Suites but was 33% less expensive but so much nicer in every way clean bright modern and four stars ..

I would never write a critical review like this and hope we never feel so disappointed again , however we do still feel so very disappointed in the Sonesta suite at Houston Galleria and felt others who have similar high hopes should be made aware of the reality ...we found it was unsuitable for our romantic holiday in Houston Texas ...it may be ok for a someone looking for an essential extended stay but they need to look hard ...
So Disappointing...
Hugh S

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh S

Hugh,

Thanky ou for your time and thoughtful review. I am happy to tell you that we do start our $6 million dollar renovation in just a few short weeks. Not a suqare inch will remain the same and we are very excited to get this renovation under way. Please do reach out to me if your travel plans ever again bring you to Houston and I will happy to offer you a discount to come try us out once more.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was booked for me by a company that I was interviewing with the next day. The hotel is very easy to locate and there are two options for parking, uncovered or covered.
The check in counter is modern and the check in was quick and easy, especially considering I arrived a bit early before actuall check in time.
The room was surprising large and spacious. There was a kitchenette which has an assortment of dishes and cookware and a microwave and full size refridgerator. There was also seating area with a large TV and a queen size bed.
There were shelves in the closet area for people that might be staying longer too.
The only thing I had an issue with was the ALL of the bath products including handsoap and other items had coconut in them. There were no alternatives available, I checked. I am highly allergic to coconut.
They had a small buffet for dinner and breakfast which was very nice too.
Other than that, no issues and it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I am not sure if this is a non smoking hotel or not, I could smell smoke when I got off the elevator on the fourth floor, but my room smelled fine. If you are a non smoker like me you may want to enquire.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your time and thoughtfull review of the Sonesta ES Suites. We enjoyed our time with you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

After 12 hours of travel I arrived to a room stuck at 58 degrees. The staff informed me there was nothing they could do to fix it, and no other rooms for me. I suffered through and the next day they 'fixed it' but it was stuck to On. The room reached 94 degrees before a staff member figured out how to disable it. She gave me attitude for not having fixed it myself. Also I was sent a surprise arrangement by my husband, which the staff lost before my arrival. When he called to inquire he was only told "She'll get it when we find it". It was extremely disheartening to feel that my needs were not important to the staff. Also they changed the lock on my suite during my stay, which did not make me feel very comfortable in the room, given that I was transporting sensitive documents.
It's a shame because otherwise the hotel is an interesting concept, with a full kitchen and laundry facilities. But I don't think I would risk staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelina E
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel for business quite a bit and I stay here all the time. The front desk staff are awesome, very helpful and very friendly. The free breakfast in the morning is nice. The rooms are bit old however the hotel is supposed to be undergoing a renovation very soon which will be nice. The location is great and very close to the Galleria. The 1 bedroom suites are nice and very spacious and you are able to cook meals in your kitchen. Overall a good hotel for business travel, not a fancy hotel at all but has everything that you need and is clean!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

We truly enjoyed having you for an extended period of time. Thank you so much for you kind and thoughtfull review of the Hotel.