All reviewsgreat locationnordstrom entrancefront deskwater wallfull kitchenwalking distancesmall kitchenhouston galleriafree breakfastcomfortable hotelhot breakfastyogurteasy accessdishwasherconditionersoapsofa
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was booked for me by a company that I was interviewing with the next day. The hotel is very easy to locate and there are two options for parking, uncovered or covered.
The check in counter is modern and the check in was quick and easy, especially considering I arrived a bit early before actuall check in time.
The room was surprising large and spacious. There was a kitchenette which has an assortment of dishes and cookware and a microwave and full size refridgerator. There was also seating area with a large TV and a queen size bed.
There were shelves in the closet area for people that might be staying longer too.
The only thing I had an issue with was the ALL of the bath products including handsoap and other items had coconut in them. There were no alternatives available, I checked. I am highly allergic to coconut.
They had a small buffet for dinner and breakfast which was very nice too.
Other than that, no issues and it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I am not sure if this is a non smoking hotel or not, I could smell smoke when I got off the elevator on the fourth floor, but my room smelled fine. If you are a non smoker like me you may want to enquire.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your time and thoughtfull review of the Sonesta ES Suites. We enjoyed our time with you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

After 12 hours of travel I arrived to a room stuck at 58 degrees. The staff informed me there was nothing they could do to fix it, and no other rooms for me. I suffered through and the next day they 'fixed it' but it was stuck to On. The room reached 94 degrees before a staff member figured out how to disable it. She gave me attitude for not having fixed it myself. Also I was sent a surprise arrangement by my husband, which the staff lost before my arrival. When he called to inquire he was only told "She'll get it when we find it". It was extremely disheartening to feel that my needs were not important to the staff. Also they changed the lock on my suite during my stay, which did not make me feel very comfortable in the room, given that I was transporting sensitive documents.
It's a shame because otherwise the hotel is an interesting concept, with a full kitchen and laundry facilities. But I don't think I would risk staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelina E
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel for business quite a bit and I stay here all the time. The front desk staff are awesome, very helpful and very friendly. The free breakfast in the morning is nice. The rooms are bit old however the hotel is supposed to be undergoing a renovation very soon which will be nice. The location is great and very close to the Galleria. The 1 bedroom suites are nice and very spacious and you are able to cook meals in your kitchen. Overall a good hotel for business travel, not a fancy hotel at all but has everything that you need and is clean!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

We truly enjoyed having you for an extended period of time. Thank you so much for you kind and thoughtfull review of the Hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Ended up here after i was bumped from the Royal Sonesta. That turned out to be a "royal" ripoff. This is laid out like an middling level "suites" hotel. However, the carpets need replacing and the place needs a cleanup. This place does more damage to the Sonesta name than good. If I were Sonesta I would think about separating myself from this (and maybe the other?) suite properties. Makes me re-think sonesta as a whole.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our stay was great. We were kindly taken care of by management for our anniversary with last minute plans. Conveniently located, clean rooms, and management was great. Would recommend easily to others.

• Stayed: January 2014
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Houston. On behalf of the team, Happy Anniversary!