All reviewsgreat locationnordstrom entrancefront deskwater wallfull kitchenwalking distancesmall kitchenhouston galleriafree breakfastcomfortable hotelhot breakfastyogurteasy accessdishwasherconditionersoapsofa
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The money spent on the renovations on the outside of the hotel should have been spent on the inside. They still have tube TV's. The carpets are filthy. The water comes out brown. The a/c can't keep up (and it's the end of October).
The reason I gave them a 2 insread of 0 was due to the staff. They were very helpful and accomodating. I feel bad that they're stuck at such a dump.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When staying in Houston we try to avoid much driving during rush hours. This hotel, albeit a bit tired and worn, was perfect located for our stay. Short distance from our office in Post Oak, and the Galleria shopping mall is just a 5 mins walk from here. Big rooms, huge fridge w/freezer, clean rooms and with great staff. We need "office space" in our hotel rooms, and here the two of us could really spread out. For a 5 weeks stay in Houston this was a good solution. The room decor is old fashion, some tiles have seen their better days - so has the tub and the aircon sounds like the break-out of World War 2. But as long as it's clean it works well. Could very well stay here again on longer trips. Shorter trips to Houston when we don't need office space and a kitchen I would prefer somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms are just ok, old TV's cracked floor tiles, but enough space to move around. Full size fridge freezer was helpful. Corridors and lift seemed very tired.

Breakfast wasn't fantastic but edible. Free parking and free wifi brought this up to 2 stars

There must be better places to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nigelandsusan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

very nice clean and comfortable hotel, the suites has lots of space and everything in them, I stayed in a studio suite a lot of space for 1 person. Good for family vacations. The breakfast needs some improvement. The free parking is a big +

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My first room had a smoke odor. Second room was just old and musty. Older tube TV, not modern. I was afraid to place my suitcase on the ground - used the coffee table. Common halls and elevator were very dirty and just felt old. I left after the first night. It appears that people/families "live" in this hotel, more of an extended stay. Not modern and clean for the weekly business traveler. I travel every week and this was the worst experience in several months.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business