“Pardon? What??? I can't hear your review over the noise from my room's AIRCON!”

Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria
Ranked #78 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Pretty good place to stay, but for me the really noisy and uncontrollable airconditioning really lets it down! When you're awake you can't hear the TV even! When you're asleep, well, it wakes you up when it kicks in! If you want a restful nights sleep - this isn't the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria

Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stayed at this Staybridge Suites Galleria during a wedding. It's great for a short or long stay. Large comfy beds, sleep sofa, and kitchen. The free breakfast is great.
I would stay at this hotel if in Houston and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Mayday2073
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I stayed in this hotel 13 days and they left nothing more to hope for.

The room has enough space in addition to all the cooking equipment, even a water cooler to keep in the frige. The building is now 3 years old, I heard, but it's clean and beautiful. The wallpaper is being renewed. The laundry room was exactly what I read in this forum, free wash and dry.

The manager and staff was not just friendly, they're just ready to offer help any time. I really felt at home and they had everything. Shuttle service, directions about walking, transportation, restaurants and a grocery store etc.

I'll have to come to Houston every year for training so I will surely come back next year, I just hope they will have a room left for me to stay, no matter how many people are coming in.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank hiroyasu
Reviewed June 7, 2006

My husband had business in Houston for a month and together with our one year old we stayed at this hotel in a one bedroom suite. It was spacious and very comfortable. The bed was really comfortable with beautiful linen. In fact the hotel was renovating the soft furnishings while we were there - though it really didn't seem to need doing - certainly nothing was shabby.

I did not have a car of my own and the position of this hotel is very good as it is half a block to the Nordstrom entrance to the Galleria so there was somewhere to walk to.

This is a relatively smaller more intimate hotel of four storeys and the staff get to know people because many, like ourselves, stay for extended periods. All the staff were very friendly. The breakfast buffet is very good and is included in all room rates. Even more impressive is that every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening the hotel provide free wine, beer and softdrinks with a snack meal eg tacos , hamburgers, chicken wings and salad. You can eat as much as you want and it is enough for a meal if you wish. There is cake and or cookies, chips etc as well.

The hotel has 2 guest laundries that are free of charge - no trying to find coins for the machine. As I had a baby with me I had washing basically everyday so this was a major bonus for me.

We used the pool regularly although I have to say it was not kept crystal clean - there was some leaf debris most of the time - I think may be the filter wasn't working properly.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel, the beds are excellent - you will definitely get a good night's sleep here and the staff will make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank limlib
Reviewed April 14, 2006

My husband had some business in Houston so our two kids and I tagged along. We had stayed at the LaQuinta across 610 the week before but they were going to be booked so we nmade reservations at Staybridge. If I would have known, we would have stayed here the whole time. It worked so well with a 1 and 4 year old. This hotel was very clean and the arrangements from the kitchen to the free laundry and the 24 hour "store" worked out perfectly. I would highly recommend this hotel for business as well as for families. B/C of its proximity to the 2 freeways, my husband was able to get to his client's quickly and it was very convenient for me to get to the museum district with the kids. They had higchairs in the breakfast area too, whcih the other hotel did not and with a 1 year old, a highchair when you are trying to eat can be a lifesaver.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank Smurray
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was great. This is what we received .

1. Pleasant hotel staff

2. Free hot breakfast buffet every morning.

3. Separate living room, bedroom and kitchen with dishwasher, full size refrigerator with icemaker and 2 stove burners. No oven.
2 TV's with 4 HBO channels and many more. Nicely decorated and clean.

4. Outdoor pool and a gazabo with a grill.

5. Free washer and dryer on 2nd and 4th floor. You must provide detergents etc.

6. Free appetizer buffet on Tues, Wed, Thurs. between 5:30 and 7:30. This included beer, wine, soda, salad bar, chips, cake,cookies and appetizers. On Tues. we had eggrolls and rice and on Wed. we had grilled sausage. This is enough for your meal.

7. Free USA TODAY and HOUSTON paper.

8. Galleria one block to the left. 24 hour Walgreens to your right(2 blocks away). Greek and Mexican restaurant across the street. Did not try them.

9. Fitness room

10. Free coffee and tea anytime.

11. Free internet service in library room and in your room. High speed in room has a charge.

Can you now see why I think this hotel was great? There was a mix of business people and families with children. I would not hestitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. You will feel like you are in the suburbs even though you're in the city.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank Linda W
Reviewed March 16, 2005

Location... Good
Rooms... (Shower Fixtures need up-date):Room Temp. control (poor)
Complimentary Breakfast... good variety
There are BETTER... for LESS Expense

P.S. "Let your fingers do the walking"... Shop around!

1  Thank TravelalotTexas