Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria
$209
$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationnordstrom entrancefront deskwater wallfull kitchenwalking distancesmall kitchenfree breakfasthouston galleriarooms are spacioushotel stayhot breakfastextended stayyogurtdishwashercleanlinessconditioner
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday and the hotel was very clean, nice staff, great location, etc. The room was VERY nice, and as was everything else. We could literally walk to the Galleria mall, as it was only a few streets down. Definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent survey and time telling the Trip Advisor Community about your recent stay. From all of us at Sonesta ES Suites, Happy Birthday! We certainly enjoyed hosting you for your Birthday weekend and look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Houston Galleria Area again!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Unfortunately I am one of those Brits that are hard to please, this place was booked for me through my office in Brazil and on arrival I had a....bad impression with the general entrance and décor of the place BUT...that soon disappeared when I met Yana at front desk...I think she has a degree in "Knowing How To Please the Customer" straight away she accommodated me after a long flight and she made it very clear that nothing was going to be any trouble for me to enjoy my business stay.

Needless to say when I wanted to know about places to go eat and have a beer Yana was on hand to pass on her local knowledge.

OK so the place needs a lick of paint and the lift is like a time warp but the suite I was in had everything I could possibly need, it was well decked out, plenty of space, all amenities to hand and quiet, the sleep quality was very good and the location of the place top notch, I guess when refurbished getting in to this place will be difficult.

I had breakfast and that was very good, just enough to send me on my way, the little tuck shop was a great little idea as well.

On checking out the process was all painless and I was really looked after by Samira who was very efficient, very pleasant sorting out my transport and allowing a little extended stay for my comfort, when I return to Houston I will stay at this place again.

I would recommend this place to fellow travellers..

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear to assist in lowering traffic noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I thank you so much for your review of the Sonesta ES Suites! I think you take the trophy for our most "traveled" reviewer. I am very excited to hear that Yana and Samira made a great impression on you and that we exceeded your expectiations and I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team. I am also happy to tell you about our upcoming rennovations. We completely renovating both the interior and exterior of the building as well as upgrading our amenties such as adding the fastest internet connection in the Galleria area and revamping our food offerings. If you would like to hear more about our planned rennovations please email me at adavis@sonesta.com. I hope to have to pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sonesta ES Suites the next time your travel plans bring you back to the Houston area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is clean, the staff is not only friendly but responsive and truly cares about its guests. Terrific location for the right price. Rooms are extremely comfortable and amenities are high quality

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Jim,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share with the Tripadvisor Community your experience! At the Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria we strive to exceed every guests expectations and it sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know how we can serve you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Houston in the near future!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great location and the room was perfect for us. We traveled to Houston for the weekend for a concert and was able to spend some free time shopping. The great thing about this hotel is that it is pet friendly (we brought our 50 lb lab) and the suite was extremely clean and roomy . Their breakfast was great, always had enough to choose from and the service at the front desk was the best I have seen in a while. If you are more into a more updated look, I wouldn't suggest this place due to it being a bit older, but we thought it was just perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Lindsay, thank you so much for your time and review of our Hotel. I am happy to hear that our team at Sonesta ES Suites took such good care of you! We look forward to welcoming you and your Lab back whenever you are in the Houston area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am from Houston, Texas and I have been searching for a Extended Stay Hotel in the area for quite some time. I was in the Galleria Area around mid January 2013. Decided to walk in the front door of this Hotel and was greeted by Ashley behind the front desk, and she showed me around the property. After viewing the property I told Ashley I have finally found my new home. I have to say that the front desk staff = ASHLEY, YANA, STEVEN, SAMIRA, are very helpfull and very friendly with the guests. Ms.ERMA in Housekeeping is very pleasant as well. Management staff = AUSTIN, MARIO, are here to help the guest in any thing to make there stay enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Austin D, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Fred, thank you for your time reviewing our Hotel and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor Community.