“Great location and free laundry”

Sonesta ES Suites Houston Galleria
Ranked #85 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great location-- walking distance to the Galleria mall, across the street from a couple great restaurant-bar spots, and a few short blocks from a 24-hour CVS. The biggest plus for me was the free laundry, especially since I stayed for almost two weeks. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank heymrteo

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I gave this facility outstanding reviews in the past. However, over the past 3 months the hotel has had a change in management and a large turnover of its front desk staff who are ill trained and not as friendly as the earlier staff.

Room Tip: Terrific location right next to the Galleria. Higher floors are quieter. Some rooms are bigger tha...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 550hashima
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Nice and clean room. Free breakfast with a lot to choose from. Small but clean pool where our kids played for an hour without complaining.... And I really appreciate the free guest laundry and the possibility to buy snacks and drinks from the shop in the lobby for a decent price. Also good location with easy walking to both the Galleria and different restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Linné
Reviewed September 20, 2011

First stayed in this Hotel some 2 years ago and was pleasantly surprised when we returned for a month in August this year to find that the welcome, standards and price have remained consistent. My husband was here on business and I always felt relaxed and 'at home' in the Hotel during the day. I could come and go from our suite at any time of day and staff always made us feel that they were there to be helpful and make sure that our stay was comfortable and relaxed. Our visitors were made to feel welcome too and the fact that coffee was always available in the lounge all day made it easy to invite friends to drop by even though we were staying in a Hotel. Thorougly recommended for families too as there is a nice safe pool (not too deep) and the area surrounding the pool is enclosed for small children.
There is a well planned kitchen area in all the suites and a large fridge freezer for storing food. Good pressure in the shower. The on site small shop carries a good selection of essentials. Drinks and light supper are provided 3 /4 times a week completely complimentary. Times for breakfast are especially well thought out and there is an excellent selection to suit everyone including children.
Location is excellent for one of the biggest shopping malls in the U.S. and there is also on site free parking - so all in all everything is provided whether you are visiting on business or on holiday.
Really comfy beds and crisp linen with beautiful fluffy towels and pool towels changed daily.
Hope to return to Houston in the future and wouldnt consider going anywhere else as its ideally situated for all connecting roads and Houston's downtown business district.

Room Tip: Have stayed on the ground floor back and 4th floor front and both rooms have been quiet at night. A...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JWLong
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I'm a Priority Club Platinum member, so I try to stay at IHG properties as often as possible. So, I was very pleased when I stayed at this property. The front desk staff was wonderful - very friendly. Due to a leg injury, I had to request a room near an elevator and my request was fulfilled quickly. My room was very spacious - one queen bed with a sofabed and kitchenette. The walls, especially in the bathroom, had a few cracks in them. But, that didn't take away from my overall perspective of the room. I was near the pool, which was a bit noisy late at night. However, I wear earplugs, so the noise didn't bother me. The bed felt wonderful. They have free washers and dryers on two floors; I used them and they didn't destroy my clothes. The fitness center was small, but nice. I only had two issues. One was having someone come in my room without my knowledge while I was gone although my "do not disturb" sign was on the door. I notified the front desk, who researched it with the head of housekeeping. For that incident, I was given 3 Priority Club vouchers worth 1,000 points each, although I asked for nothing. Secondly, the breakfast was awful! But, that appears to be a running theme with Staybridge Suites - free but awful tasting breakfast. However, my overall stay was lovely, and I'm planning to return later this year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Storm1908
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband, my pomeranian, and I have been staying here going on 8 weeks now, and even after such a long time period in one hotel, I give this one the highest rating. We travel for a living and have stayed in many hotels, and this one is my favorite. We've been staying in a king suite on the 3rd floor and have had no problems our entire stay. The room is large and cozy, the staff is incredibly easy to work with (we especially love Huey and Stacey), they have dinner 3 nights a week, the courtyard and pool are beautiful, our bed and room is very comfortable, it's easily within walking distance of the mall and the water wall, and we have found our room to be very quiet. Occasional "dings" from the elevator, but it's very quiet and peaceful here. The only negatives I can think of are that the 1 elevator is slow and the internet in our room is slow. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family traveling to Houston.

Room Tip: View is prettier on pool side.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Writetaby
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is a perfect choice for Houston because the staff is so wonderful and the amenities really put this hotel over the top. We are currently staying here and I am using their FREE wifi after enjoying the free cocktail reception with enough food to make a good dinner. The check in was flawless. A young woman with a name I cannot pronounce or remember was so courteous and professional. When I called about the reservation Vanessa was the same way over the phone. I am a platinum member and this is one of the locations where that really matters and they take your loyalty seriously. The grounds and interior common areas are well-maintained and very attractive. The only down side is that the walls are a bit thin and the furnishing, although clean and in good condition are a bit out of current style. This is an excellent choice in Houston and a place I will return to. This is the first location that has made me want to keep my platinum status!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business