“Just ok”

Ranked #120 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Tucson
“Just ok”
Reviewed October 11, 2006

The first thing I asked the hotel's clerk was Please tell me you have a jacuzzi. She said yes...... checked in, got my suit on, went to the jacuzzi..... not working.
Really needed it as I was traveling across country. Oh well.
The beds weren't the usual fluffy comfy Sheraton beds it seemed. The room, well, someone's hair in the shower. And even though they said they sunk a bunch of money in renovations.... I could see daylight out of the cracks where the ac was in the wall, bad caulking in the bathroom, no hook on the door, but holes where one was, stains on the carpet and some sort of crumbly foodstuff on the TV. Seemed like a small room, too. Business center was good, the lounge was good and the service in the restaurant was good as well.
I was really looking forward to staying here, but it just didn't live up to Sheraton standards. And I REALLY needed that jacuzzi!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Seemed under par for Sheraton standards
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank komkee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2006

This hotel, keeping the cost in mind, is the nicest hotel I have stayed in for the price! It has all of the amenities you could want. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the gym had a treadmill as up to date as my gym back home. I was really pleased with my stay. If you want a clean, newly rennovated, and reasonably priced hotel...this is the one!

• Liked — I really appreciated the clean factor...the rooms were clean and the bed was really comfortable!
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kd22
Ft lauderdale
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Hotel has had a 6 million dollar renovation. It is quite nice. Sheraton sleep sweet beds very good.

Cinnamon Restaurant. Good quality food, friendly service. very reasoanle prices.

Ok to the clueless Front Desk Staff...............

I arrived at noon. I realise check in is at 3pm. Most hotels will at least look to see if a room is available early and if not offer to store your Luggage for you. The lady at the Front Desk did not even look and told me to return at 3pm.

I return at 3pm. First set of keys I am given. I enter the room there is a poor guy sleeping in the bed. I apoligize to the guy and return to the Front Desk.

Front Desk Clerk informs me there are no more King Beds even though I am Guaranteed a King non smoking with my reservation. I cannot be bothered to argue. I go to room number 2 and the room is not cleaned and someones Luggage is in the room still.

I go to room number 3 and discover it is 2 double beds. I am not happy at all but cannot be bothered to argue as I am tired.

I then try to retrieve my bags. I hand the Front Desk Clerk my 2 Luggage claim tickets and ask her to please page the Bellman. She informs me that the Bellman has left for the day. I find this strange as in Sheratons there is usually Luggage assitance from 8am -11pm at least. I inform her I do not need assitance but I need to retrieve my bags. She walks me into a storage closet and makes me retrieve my own bags. Not good. This is supposed to be a secure area.

Cannot believe this hotel has no Concierge. The Front Desk staff do not know any restaurants, ditto the Bellman. I asked the Front Desk manager for directions to the St Regis Hotel the next day. This is another Starwood property. He did not know and had to ask someone else. Surely the hotel should have a Concierge who is knowledgeable of the area.

Next day maintenance knocks on my door at 9am to paint the door even though I have a do not disturb sign on my door.

• Liked — Beds.
  • Disliked — none
  • Tips/Secrets — suggest hotel hires a Concierge
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank conciergesyt
NYC
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Brookhollow and I think it was a great hotel. The rooms have been recently renovated and have the sweet sleeper beds which are so comfy you never want to get up. I am surprised to see a few negatives on this place but they may have come from before it was renovated. I don't think the photos on Sheratons websight do the hotel justice. The room look nothing like the pictures, they are much more updated and modern.

Te area around the hotel is quite dull, no restaurants and no shopping but the Galleria area is jsut a few minutes away. You will save a lot staying in this area and driving then the prestigious Galleria area. Be sure to get goo direstions to and from the hotel, the road are odd here.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank valleyankee
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 13, 2006

So I'm sitting in the hotel right now, using the free internet, so guess that's fixed :)

I've stayed here 3 times now over 2yrs, and have seen the place change, a LOT. To me, Sheratons are always a mixed bag within the Starwood chain: you know what to expect from a Westin or a W or even the 4points, but the Sheratons are always undefined.

The renovation of the hotel makes it one of the nicer Sheratons I've been in, on a par with the nice one near Heathrow or SanFrancisco airport.
Nice lobby, good rooms, free internet in room and lobby (although wireless only works in lobby).

The location is pretty crap, as noted in several of these reviews. It's at the intersection of 610 & 290, which is not really very near... anything.
It's not near the Galleria district, or downtown, or any restaurants to speak of.

However, it's convenient to the highways, and easy/quick to get wherever you want to get.

For the dollar, not a bad stay at all.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank KevinSdammit
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2006

The hotel has just undergone a renovation and is very nice on the surface. I did notice a number of safty concerns during my week at the hotel.

Some concerns are:
- One of my team members television caught on fire and the alarms never went off. She had to call the front desk twice to get help to her room.
- Some of the automated fire doors were propped open.
- The external vent above the laundry was completely caked with lint.

If you stay here, be sure you know where the fire exits are located and stay on a lower floor.

Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2006

About the only good things I can say about the Sheraton Brookhollow was very nice and comfortable bed and the room was clean. On the downside, Internet connection was not free despite how it was advertised and still it was not working. Nor was the 800-lines, nor was the on demand cable. No Guest Services book inside the room. No fire map on the back of the door.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business