Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #110 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed at Sheraton BH as part of business in the area. Although there's not much to do within walking distance (however I do recommend the Mexican restaurant for takeout -- Juanita's), the hotel itelf is terrific. After hurricane damage in 2008, it appears they completely renovated the hotel.
Lobby is very nice with a new business center / internet cafe; in-house gift shop for any last-minute items/snacks; restaurant with a solid breakfast buffet (including custom-made omelettes); and room with nice large flatscreen and comfortable beds.
If you're renting a car, I would highly recommend this hotel as you can easily jump on the 610 and head to the Galleria for shopping or downtown (you must brave Houston traffic volumes though!). It's basically halfway between the airport and downtown.
Staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms well appointed and the rate was very reasonable! I will always stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 6, 2009

This hotel has been nicely upgraded and the room is of average size. My room felt a little damp like the ventilation was not working properly, but that is really my only negative. Parking was adequate and the business center was top notch. Excellent rate via hotwire.com

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I travel for work and usually have to stay in lower end places, so I must say it was nicer than a La Quinta or a Comfort Inn. That said, there are indeed some problems with the place that others have pointed out. First, I too got a room with a VERY noisy air conditioner. In 105 degree Houston summer, that means I did not sleep very much at all. The room was nice and nicely decorated, and I didn't notice any problems. If you want to stay in the heart of Houston or near something interesting, you're going to have to go somewhere else because there's not much nearby. It was fine for me because my meeting was down the street. I'd only stay here if I got a really good deal.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I'm not over enthusiastic about hotels, but this location did a great job. The location, while not a bad drive to downtown, isn't great. There weren't a lot of places to eat or shop around. But other than that, it's a great stay for the business traveler who just wants to get things done. The lobby is very nice and has a great area to work on computers and print things out. The staff is top notch. I was given directions and assistance at the drop of a hat. The staff in the on site restaurant was very pleasant.

There's nothing over the top here: Great beds, great pillows, good flat screens and a nice room. It was very clean and the cleaning staff was very responsive to requests for extras. The quality of the bed linens was nice and I felt the room was very clean. The best part of the stay was the breakfast (included with the executive floors). Not only was the selection good but the pastries were to die for. I'v e been to France and am a hard core pastry person. The selection and texture was awesome. I highly recommend this place just for the breakfast alone. They also have a complimentary happy hour that is worth checking out. The pool was popular (though I didn't use it) and the work out room had a nice selection of equipment and several flat screens to watch while you worked out. There is a bar area to watch the game in, as well.

There is a parking garage and a flat area around back to put the car. As I was walking toward the hotel, an employee with a cart offered to drive me to the door. Most of the employees are very helpful and proactive. I had a friend who drove down from Dallas to spend a night with me and she also had a great experience. She was in the room when the cleaning staff arrived and said they were very efficient and friendly, as well.

I liked this place so much that I am actually staying here again in a few months. It's not as close as other hotels to where I need to go, but I feel the quality of the beds/linens and the staff is a worth it. Sure, I could probably get the same room rate elsewhere, but this is a known entity to me and I'm happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CynthiaKY
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I reserved a hospitality room for 20 manager's from my company for a social/working session the evning of July 21. Nine of these manager's were also staying in guest rooms at the hotel from July 20 through July 25. They were all very complimentary and said the food at the working session was excellent and the hotel employees were very helpful. Thank you very much for making my job easy!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Brookhollow while attending the Booker T. Washington Reunion. We hold our functions there each year and did not know what to expect after they were closed due to Hurricane Ike, but it WAS even more beautfil than before. The hotel is clean, beautifully furnished and ALWAYS treats us like a queen and king. Thank you Sheraotn for the memories, we can't wait to be back next year.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I stayed here at the Sheraton Brookhollow after staying at the Sheraton suites at the galleria for about a month. Loved the free parking and the cheaper rates. But the room had a damp feeling to it. The entire carpet was damp. I left my laptop on the desk overnight and I noticed droplets of water on my laptop. I did not complain because I was in Houston for work and I did not have the time and energy to complain about my room and fight with the management.

Pros: Cheap rate. Free parking. Free Internet Decent location but not great

Cons: See my review

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
nancalo, Director of Sales at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2009

Dear Guest:

It is our goal to have all of our guests leave the hotel with a positive experience. I am so sorry to hear about your stay and wish we would have been allowed the opportunity to correct your room challenges.

When visiting the houston area we would love for you to give us an opprtunity to show how warm and welcoming the Sheraton Houston Brookhollow really is.