“Great location, beautiful rooms!”

Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #103 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 23, 2009

As a travel arranger, I always go to the Sheraton Brookhollow first. It is in a great location, with a great restaurant & staff.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel is the nicest of nice. Very clean, people are very personal and nice and helpful, food is simply great. I would not mind staying here for along time. It is that nice. Elizabeth Hamburg is my companies Rep. She is the nicest and most helpful person I know. Ask for her.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Our company had our yearly business meeting at the Sheraton Brookhollow location. The representatives showed good customer service skills and worked well together with me the coordinator of the meetings so the meetings would be a success. The food, rooms and service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March and chose it based on the photos I saw online. It looked new so i assumed that it would be very clean and modern. In reality, it's a run of the mill moderate hotel that has seen better years. It had the feel of a Best Western. Plenty of free parking though.

As other travelers have stated, it is confusing to get to this hotel, so make sure you have GPS or a good map. It's located on a one way street along side the freeway.

The room looked like any other Sheraton room and the bathroom was average sized. My biggest complaint has to do with the air conditioning system. Unbelievably loud and smelly. I left the A/C on while I went out for the day and when I came back, the room smelled like a wet dog. The smell infused all of my clothes, and there were no same day dry cleaners nearby so I drove a few miles to the Houston Galleria to buy a new dress to wear to a wedding that night.

The vending machines were not refilled during my stay and were sold out the entire weekend. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank KCSF
Reviewed April 29, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton Brookhollow using SPG points. Overall, the hotel was recently renovated as others have pointed out. The decor is very contemporary with dark coloured wood desk & bed head board. There is a 32 inch LG LCD TV in our room, which was very nice. Some of the channels are HD. This is the first time that a Sheraton hotel that I stayed at has a flat panel TV. So, it was very nice.

There are no fridge or microwave in the room. So, if you need to refrigerate, you are out of luck. We had to consistent get ice as we had some breast milk for our baby that we needed to store. So, that was rather inconvenient.

The hotel is situated very close to Interstate 610 & 290. So, it is very convenient to drive to all parts of Houston. There is a mall called "Northwest" mall that's close by. Unfortunately that mall is really dead. We were in and out of there within 20 minutes...not very happening. I would skip it...instead head to Galeria which is a very upscale mall with lots of high-end shops and fine fining restaurants in the surrounding area.

The room has free high-speed internet access via a cable which was very nice. And, there is a restaurant downstairs. The buffet breakfast was a good deal at $13. We also tried the dinner...that was a mistake. Food was horrible. So, I would skip the dinner and just head out.

The bathroom was a little dirty, especially in the bath tub. The tiles had dirty grout...needs a little cleaning.

Overall, very good experience. I would definite recommend this hotel for anyone staying around Houston.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Wow, this was definitely one of the noisiest hotel rooms I have stayed in, in a long, long time! I was amazed how well I could hear what was going on in the hallway--the noises were so clear you would have thought my room's door was wide open. Even little noises, like the rustling of a plastic trashbag, came through loud and clear! I usually travel with a white noise machine to block out any sounds that could interrupt my sleep, but this hotel was so noisy that the white noise machine made no difference. Every time someone on my hallway slammed their door I woke up from a sound sleep with a start! I am not kidding, and I typically am a solid sleeper.

Please note that I was staying on the 8th floor. The "Club" levels on the 9th and 10th floors were full. Perhaps it's better up there.

Also note that the hotel is incredibly isolated--there are no restaurants or shops or anything you can walk to, just office buildings and freeway. Not very hospitable neighborhood overall.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DrAwkward
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I mainly booked the place to get another stay toward "Gold" status on my Starwood Preferred account. I'm glad I had the map otherwise I wouldn't have been able to easily find it. It's near the highway, but make sure you know where you're going when you get back on. The area's a little confusing. Anyway, the place is clean, the staff is nice, the bar is good, the pool area is OK and the room was spotless. It did smell of some kind of yucky air freshener but I guess I got used to it. The hotel is out of the way but is "freeway close" from anywhere in town. Good place for the money. Professionally run, but nothing too special or especially memorable.

Stayed: March 2008