“Great Staff”

Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #102 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The front desk staff is always friendly- Sara the front office manager is so pleasant and helpful. I have had small meetings at the Hotel and Rachal, the catering manager, is so helpful. The morning staff in the restaurant - Dee, Mandy and Cathy are simply the best you could ask for. The internet is FREE and fast and works perfectly. Brand new HD TVs in every room with real HD service- makes it more like home.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gerald A
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Gerald A,
Thank you for sharing your positive reflections on your time with us at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. I especially appreciate you recognizing our staff's efforts in service and I will be certain to share your kind comments with Sara, Rachal, Dee, Mandy, and Cathy! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Although not all of the reviews are positive for this hotel, we had a great experience here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and check-in/check-out were a breeze. We had our little dog with us on this trip and she was welcomed by the staff as well! The layout of the hotel is convenient and the covered parking garage is conveniently located near the hotel elevators. The beds were quite comfortable and the room was meticulously clean except for the tile grout in the bath - it needed some work. We especially appreciated the signage for quiet hours between 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. All in all, a very positive experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

wearytraveler416,
Thank you for sharing comments from your stay Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. We're pleased to know our friendly staff, comfortable beds, and variety of conveniences offered at our property made for a very positive experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This property recently changed its wifi providers. The result has been disastrous: slow performance, really slow to connect, requirement to reconnect every time, device limits, dropped service, poor help desk service. Whomever set up this contract either didn't take into account what travelers need or want pr don't know how to set up a workable contract.

Room Tip: Stay on side of hotel that doesn't face 610.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

2Texas_Travellers,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear of the inconveniences and frustrations you experienced with our wifi service. The newly upgraded internet offers the most current fiber optic technology and has the most available bandwidth than any hotel in Houston. We have received many compliments from our guests about the recent improvements. Please feel free to contact me about your specific issues so that I can pass it on to the internet provider for any necessary corrective adjustments. We value you as our guest and hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had my second business stay at the Sheraton Brookhollow. Neither trip was booked by me. The first time, it was a noise problem in the pipes which several of my business partners complained about. This time, I arrived at 11:40 p.m. (my reservation noted late arrival). I was told I didn't have a reservation. I showed them the printed confirmation I carried with me. I stood for 15 minutes at the desk before I finally got a room. I was first told they couldn't get me a room because they were "saved for incoming guests". I just stared at her. Think about that! When I got to my room, and I have photos of this, the leather headboard had something splattered on it that appeared to be dried blood. The leather was shredded. I can only imagine what went on in there. I also have photos of used cotton balls (one under the sink counter and one behind the toilet). I slept in the chair that night, which I first covered with towels. When I tried to wash my face, the water backed up in the sink. My final photo shows the faucet from the shower sitting next to the tub. That's because when I turned it on in the a.m., it fell off in my hand. I couldn't change rooms during the next day because we had a very late business meeting, so I had to endure the next night as well. The final straw came when I tried to get into my room the second night to find out that my room key was disabled. They claimed I was supposed to check out that day. I had a 3 day reservation which, again, was documented on my confirmation. A business associate called them during the day to complain and they added 1,000 pts. to my account. I will never, ever use those or any points at any Sheraton in Texas. I will be at the Courtyard Marriott on the same street on my stay next week. I'm now researching who to send the photos to who will actually care.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank maxtime
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

maxtime,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take these comments very seriously and sincerely regret the inconveniences imposed during your stay. I would like to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

For what they charge here, avoid unless you're traveling corporate. Save your hard earned cash. NS KING was $140/nt, staying on 7th floor and had to go to lobby for wiFi. Shuttle won't take us where we want to go, close-by etc. Fail. Flew in from another state to buy a car. We're not impressed.
Hotel isn't super clean, and could use a renovation. Fixtures in room are falling apart. Bed has a blood-stain on the headboard. Seriously?

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Andrew W,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We take all feedback very seriously and hope to speak with you directly regarding the service failures you experienced. Your satisfaction is important to us and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Staff amazingly helpful. Every question was answered well and articulately. It dint matter of you were looking for a resteraunt or shopping even with construction they were prepared with maps and verbal instructions. They were even willing to search and print specific items. If you are in the area five the hotel a shot.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Brandi M,
We appreciate your positive review and compliments regarding our staff's excellence in service. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team as each member strives to connect and engage with every guest. Please plan to visit us again at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The quality of the food was poor and price of food was high in the resturant . The pool was dirty. No fridge or microwave in the room. The rest of the facility was very good and clean. All the staff was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JOHN W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

JOHN W,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. It's great to hear that our staff provided great service even though we failed to meet your satisfaction in other areas of your stay. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. We hope you will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.