“Stayed a week from Ohio for a wedding”

Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #104 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First time in Texas. My wife and I came to Houston for my nephew's wedding. My sister recommended this hotel even though she lives in the "heights". I booked 1 night initially to check this place out, then stayed the other 6 because it was wonderful. Even with the road construction and the 97 degree heat, this hotel was easy to access and their security patrolled parking deck kept the car cool. From Amy and the staff at the front desk to Dee at the restaurant, everyone was very pleasant. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and the Sheraton Brookhollow is above most because of the staff there. A big THANK YOU to all there who made my trip to Houston wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronald A

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel overall. The staff was very nice, the rooms were big and comfortable, room service was great, not much else I can say.

I stayed here for business and it is exactly what I would look for in a hotel. Very conveniently located to were I needed to be in Houston.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mr_Review00
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Mr_Review00,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our friendly staff, great service, as well as our comfortable and spacious accommodations. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My aunt who is blind visited me during my stay and I was very pleased with the curtesy Nyasha displayed towards her. We came by the front desk to inquire about local restaurants and during her response Nyasha looked at my aunt, spoke directly to her and did not bring up her bliness. I was really touched by the experience because far too many people who find it convienient to ignore my aunt and exclude her from conversation. Ms. Nyasha gave us great information and really made us feel welcomed.

Overall the experience was wonderful. The staff is very good at communicating and following up on guest issues, the hotel was always clean, and I had the best sleep of my life on the Sheraton sweet sleeper bed which I learned from Nyasha was specially made for the hotel. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Presently there is construction around the hotel, for a quieter room ask for a room on a higher floo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pigati010203
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

pigati010203,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. I’m pleased to hear that our friendly staff, clean accommodations and comfortable beds made for a wonderful stay. I’ll be certain to recognize Nyasha with a special commendation for her hospitality and excellence in service. We’re happy to have had you and your Aunt as our guests, and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ninety-four persons in our group experienced first hand the splendid beds, pillows, towels, and breakfast provided by Brookhollow Houston Sheraton. Starbucks in-room coffee helped start our day! Front Desk staff available to assist our needs and the catering staff showed their talent while caring for our group of mission bound teens and adults. The construction around the hotel slowed us down only after 9 pm, and the access to the nearby restaurants & stores were the added bonus for our group to enjoy. Thank you Sheraton! You've set the standard for our Summer Choir Music Ministry trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

LeavingItBetter,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. We appreciate your Summer Choir Music Ministry group selecting our hotel, and we’re happy to have had you as our guests. I’m pleased to hear our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, and great location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Houston. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good:
1. Covered parking in the garage is free and handy if it's raining
2. Room did not smell damp or musty

Bad:
1. Arrival experience was bad. So was checkout. You're not treated as a guest. In fact, they don't even have a concierge which tells you exactly where "service" sits on their list of priorities.
2. Staff is not properly trained to handle well-traveled guests. Seemed like they're accustomed to having clients that leave without paying. They don't know how to treat Professional/Executive travelers with Platinum status.
3. Rooms are small and very dated -entire hotel needs a remodel. Picture 90 coats of paint...
4. NO SAFE IN YOUR ROOM
5. Highway construction makes this a place to avoid at all cost. -It's nearly impossible to get to at night and not easy by day.
6. The location is not convenient (even without the construction)

You can also expect the usual litany of problems like:
1. Internet that only works on 60% of your devices but not all.
2. How they make you wait 10 min when checking out so that they can send someone to the room to see if you're steeling the towels.
3. Weekend breakfast hours that have you up at the crack of dawn or you miss it (I stayed on the club level with access to free breakfast in the lounge)

MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT: When you consider the muddy confusing mess I'll have to go through to get to your place, it's only worth half the regular rate.
Either create a better experience or cut the price in half. If you think I like to be frustrated, you don't know me.

3  Thank A W

A W,
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My girlfriend was justifiably mad at something i accidentally did. She was on her way down to stay at this hotel for business. I frantically called the hotel to see if i could have some flowers sent to her room for before she arrived. They gave me a link to a sheraton web site that allows you to do that but it wasn't working. Well, the manager Amanda made everything better. She upgraded her room and put a teddy bear in there. I called my girlfriend later that night expecting some more yelling and my girlfriends says "Hi, babyyyyyy.....".
Thank you Amanda! Thank you Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

mike u,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Sheraton Brookhollow. It’s great to hear that Amanda was able to help you smooth things over with your girlfriend. We have a wonderful team of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing an exceptional experience for each of our guests. I’ll be certain to recognize Amanda with a special commendation for her excellence in service. We wish you and your girlfriend the best, and we hope you’ll both have an opportunity to visit us soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Allowed to check-in even though I was few hours early. The bartender was cool & fun crowd. The room was great, I liked the bed. The location is great because you have access to tons of restaurants, galleria, Katy frwy, movie theaters, & parks are close for running.

• Stayed: April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Runnin26,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location accessible to area attractions and well suited for your travel needs. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thanks again.