Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baron Inn(Houston)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe club loungeroad constructionspecial thanksan older hotelfront desk staffup to datebusiness hotelthe entire staffbusiness tripgalleria mallweddingspglooprenovationshuttlelinensgarage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, January 4 and 5 of 2008. My parents came the next day and stayed for 1 night. I called in advance and asked to see if we might be able to have adjacent rooms or at least rooms on the same floor. When I checked in, before I even asked, the woman who checked me in said that she noticed my parents were coming the next day and that we were next door to each other. I arrived fairly late int he evening, but the hotel was easy to get to, right off the highway although yes, there are a couple of U turns to make -- you get used to it.

I am a Starwoods Preferred Guest Gold Member, so was upgraded to the Club Floor which included a Continental breakfast daily and access to the Club Room which had a flat screen television, several small tables, a couch, a kitchenette and internet access. I never had to wait for internet access and was even able to print out my boarding passes. It was convenient to the airport (took us about 20-25 minutes) as well as to downtown (10 minutes to the Galleria, driving). The hotel offers a shuttle service a few times a day, but as I had rented a car I didn't use it. I would advise car rental as this is in kind of an office park area, not a lot of stuff to walk to, though there is a Burger King or something down the street you could get to very easily. Pool and gym was nice.

The room was great! Pretty standard Sheraton material with nice Shine by Bliss bath products and a nice big bed. Television was flat screen. Room was clean. Bathroom was a bit dated looking but had clearly been recently updated. Water pressure in the shower was good.

The breakfast was pretty standard fare: cereal, fruit, toast, bagels and yogurt.

Staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. I would stay here again. parking was plentiful. I have no complaints. This was a great experience!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a friend's wedding in town. While the hotel is located a little far north, the traffic was non-existent and there was free parking in an attached garage. Our room was on the club floor and was nicely furnished, clean, and spacious. The bathroom was a good size and was also very clean.

The front desk receptionists were extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. When we reported an issue with the elevator, they reported it immediately and the elevator was promptly restored. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mla6603
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Hotel was very clean and the breakfast buffet was very good! Our only problem was it just seems very hard to get to. It is off a service road and there are a lot of U-turns. Staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geauxlsu
Reviewed June 16, 2007

The staff wasn't the friendliest in the world. The front desk lady forced a couple of smiles. She was helpful though and gave a lot of information to make my stay easier. The bedroom was very nice. The furniture was beautiful and the room looked like it was newly remodeled. The bed was almost perfect except the mattress was too soft so after a while my back started to hurt.

We stayed for two nights. Our first morning there, the cleaning lady came by at 9AM (way too early for my taste). She did come back later and clean the room. I felt like we should have been able to take the stairs to the first floor. However we were forced to use the elevator even though we were only on the second floor. We tried using the stairs but it was for emergencies only.

Thank goodness the hotel is non-smoking only. The drawback is that the entrances to the hotel were always lined with smokers exhaling their killer fumes without regards to passerbys.

Overall it was a good experience. The room was very nice (minus the rooftop only view). The hotel facilities were above average (including the fitness center with actual weights). For the money it was a good buy.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baytraveler9
Reviewed March 15, 2007

We had a horrible stay here. First, the TV menu wouldn't work, then the electricity went out for 2 hours! They did give us half price for that night due to the problems. But then, the next day, our son was taking a nap and one of the hotel staff memebers flew open our door and yelled - ARE YOU CHECKING OUT? He never knocked, just opened the door. When we told the managers, all they could say was - our staff has to check and make sure housekeeping has done their job!!!!!!!!!! They refused to acknowledge their mistake. I will never stay here again, knowing that the staff is allowed to open doors whenever they want, WITHOUT EVEN KNOCKING!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family