“Great lunch spot”

White Oak Kitchen + Drinks
Reserve with OpenTable
White Oak Kitchen + Drinks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Southwestern, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Post Oak
Description: Sophisticated Casual
Reviewed October 27, 2013

White Oak has a great variety menu, but I have to say that they make some of the best homemade soups in town. Their minestrone, chicken and vegetable and tortilla soup is to die for. They have a different soup everyday, so if that is what you are after, call first to see what they have that day. I go about 3 times a month.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Decided to go to White Oak after reading some of the TA reviews and on the advice of a coworker who was from the area.
Was in town on business and had dinner with a business associate. After cruising the menu we decided to go with all small plates as they all seemed very intriguing and the entrees, well not so much.
Had the Beignets which were outstanding. Great balance between shrimp and Beignet. The Pork Belly (which seems to be on the menu everywhere) was probably the best pork belly I've ever had (BTW my dining partner agreed). Melt in your mouth with just the right amount of smokiness. Perfectly matched with a bracing country mustard and nicely acidic tomato relish
Pimento Cheese was good served with a perfectly crisp (if somewhat under seasoned) fried green tomato. Grits, probably our least favorite dish. Now being from the North I will not pretend to be an expert on grits but I have traveled and have had them a number of times. These seemed to be somewhat dry compared to the creamy texture I have had other places and the mushrooms where totally overwhelmed by the blue cheese.
We also had the Pheasant. One of my favorite dishes of the night. The pheasant was cooked perfectly and the Apricot marmalade which was incredible was perfectly balanced by the crushed olive salad. Lastly we had the Oysters. Another very good salad. Oysters, again, cooked perfectly.
We finished with the Goat Cheese cake- Outstanding and the Lemon Chess pie which was OK ad the shell seemed to be very hard.
Service was friendly and attentive.
Overall White Oak came very close to 5 stars but it's definitely worth a visit. And yes the place can be very loud, even when it's not full.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was reluctant to try this restaurant after seeing some reviews that really bashed the place, but I was pleasantly surprised. We tried the fajita nacho's and lamb sliders, both of which was very good and filling. The sliders came with truffle fries, they were really good. And the smoked mac and cheese was tasty as well. The portions were large and the service was good. I wouldn't mind trying out their Sunday Funday brunch!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went for sunday brunch.I liked it all. Good food ,excellent service, and connected to the hotel and mall. The service was fast but no one rushed us to leave. We sat and had seemingly endless cups of coffee and great conversations. Our waiter was very enthusiastic with a great smile.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have had breakfast at the White Oak many times in 2013. The food is always good and Lupita provides outstanding customer service, always cheerful, service is prompt, it is just a pleasure and I look forward to breakfast at the White Oak. Max Varner