“Historic Downtown Houston Pub Crawl”

Houston Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.00*
and up
Old Town Houston Historic Pub Tour
Ranked #5 of 35 Tours in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Houston Urban Adventures offers two walking tours led by expert local guides. Join us and find out why Texas means friendly. The Heart of the Tunnel Walk, available Wednesday-Friday, introduces you to the Downtown Houston Tunnel System, Chase Tower's 60th-floor sky lobby, the 1929 Chase Building, and Pennzoil Place. The Historic Downtown Pub Crawl, available Wednesday-Saturday, listen to your local guide spin tales of murder, gambling, brothels, and ghosts as you visit four unique neighborhood bars in the old Town of Houston.
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Historic Downtown Houston Pub Crawl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I did the guided pub crawl for our anniversary. We had a group of 5 couples (not anyone we knew) who were all fun. The guide, Corinda, was great and very informative. Since we have kids and live in the suburbs, we rarely go to any of the cool bars downtown . This was a great way to find out about and experience these bars with Houston history in the mix! I would definitely recommend it! I wish these bars had existed when we first moved to Houston and didn't have kids!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank melegg

Texas
“good walk!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I live in Houston and discovered this tour thanks to Groupon. The tour guide was great and knew and shared a lot of history not only about Texas but about Houston and the buildings, streets, etc. we really enjoyed the walk and the opportunity to see some really nice architecture from the Houston Downtown area!

Visited May 2013
Katy, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you, Michael!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Though we originally booked this tour with friends, the friends were unable to accompany us...boy, if they only knew how sorry we were that they missed out on an excellent adventure of downtown Houston!

We want to thank Michael as well as our May 17th co-tour group of four! I think everyone had a great time...even Michael! It was a totally "chillin' " evening in Houston and one of the loveliest nights to be outside in our fair city! Michael had some interesting facts about Houston architecture, builders and tribute sites...we really enjoyed the visit to Market Square.

Michael's personality shined with his enthusiasm for this adventure...thanks for sharing your favorite secret spot with us, Mike! Joel, I dedicated this night to your old friend George...he was with us in spirit!

We can't wait to visit some of these places again!

Lori and Joel

Visited May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Learning whilst Imbibing is a winning combo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the history lesson and visiting three bars/pubs with unique stories. Kerrenda, our guide was so smart and adorable. We learned quite a bit about Houston's original downtown and the characters that lived there.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Houston natives taking Heart of Tunnel Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked this tour for my friend's birthday and we had a terrific time! Mrs. Sandra Lord was the best tour guide. Both my friend and I are born and raised in Houston but we've never experienced downtown like this. It was absolutely amazing and we learned so much! We felt like two kids on a field trip :) I wanted to do something different for her birthday and this was definitely it. We experienced so many new places and things we never knew even existed. It was awesome and I can't wait to take other friends as well. Thank you Urban Adventures and a special thank you to our tour guide for being so knowledgeable, personable and sweet!

Visited April 2013