“Thank you, Michael!”

and up
Old Town Houston Historic Pub Tour
Ranked #5 of 36 Tours in Houston
More attraction details
Owner description: Houston Urban Adventures offers two walking tours led by expert local guides. Join us and find out why Texas means friendly. The Heart of the Tunnel Walk, available Wednesday-Friday, introduces you to the Downtown Houston Tunnel System, Chase Tower's 60th-floor sky lobby, the 1929 Chase Building, and Pennzoil Place. The Historic Downtown Pub Crawl, available Wednesday-Saturday, listen to your local guide spin tales of murder, gambling, brothels, and ghosts as you visit four unique neighborhood bars in the old Town of Houston.
Katy, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you, Michael!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Though we originally booked this tour with friends, the friends were unable to accompany us...boy, if they only knew how sorry we were that they missed out on an excellent adventure of downtown Houston!

We want to thank Michael as well as our May 17th co-tour group of four! I think everyone had a great time...even Michael! It was a totally "chillin' " evening in Houston and one of the loveliest nights to be outside in our fair city! Michael had some interesting facts about Houston architecture, builders and tribute sites...we really enjoyed the visit to Market Square.

Michael's personality shined with his enthusiasm for this adventure...thanks for sharing your favorite secret spot with us, Mike! Joel, I dedicated this night to your old friend George...he was with us in spirit!

We can't wait to visit some of these places again!

Lori and Joel

Visited May 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Learning whilst Imbibing is a winning combo”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the history lesson and visiting three bars/pubs with unique stories. Kerrenda, our guide was so smart and adorable. We learned quite a bit about Houston's original downtown and the characters that lived there.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Houston natives taking Heart of Tunnel Tour”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked this tour for my friend's birthday and we had a terrific time! Mrs. Sandra Lord was the best tour guide. Both my friend and I are born and raised in Houston but we've never experienced downtown like this. It was absolutely amazing and we learned so much! We felt like two kids on a field trip :) I wanted to do something different for her birthday and this was definitely it. We experienced so many new places and things we never knew even existed. It was awesome and I can't wait to take other friends as well. Thank you Urban Adventures and a special thank you to our tour guide for being so knowledgeable, personable and sweet!

Houston, Texas
“Pub Crawl”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have lived in or near Houston all of my 71 years. Kerrenda taught us so much about downtown and I thought I knew everything about it. She was a wonderful guide. She paced the tour perfectly so we got to see and enjoy every place she took us to. This was a wonderful experience. Thank you, Kerrenda. Don & Wanda McKay

Peterborough, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great way to get to know the city”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A brilliant morning - met some new people which is always good, and had fun exploring the tunnel system

Visited March 2013