“Great deal! Kitchen, Location and Room!”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #237 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Austin, TX
“Great deal! Kitchen, Location and Room!”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

For $48 including taxes on Priceline it was great. I asked at check-in for non smoking and a room facing away from 610. She said the room booked had both. That was a good sign already! The parking lot had a space then and even late at night right up front.

Clean room with good A/C, iron, pots, pans, dish towels, dishes, full fridge with ice trays filled, etc with clean sheets and bathroom. Anything you need was there. Since it is extended stay there are no toiletries, just some soaps. I never use them anyway so no big deal. Right off 610; Galleria right at the corner.

It was quiet in my room. I heard a baby crying in the hallway on the way to my room but once inside heard nothing. I think I saw a hair on the floor and a stain on the box springs. If that ruins a stay for you then you may want to spend more elsewhere!

They even called within ten minutes of us being in our room to ask if everything was fine or if we needed anything. Great service. I've paid three times as much and received far less service from the front desk.

I am shocked by the reviews here but I guess not every person can be satisfied and if I paid more then $70 maybe I would be unhappy. The worst had to be the $1 can of coke in the pantry, an oil smell in the elevator and no ice machine. No big deal and I got over it all quickly. Would stay again.

• Liked — Price and amenities
  • Disliked — $1 coke
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2007

The drive up looked okay, except that the big red truck "Mr. Zig" blocked the small entrance. I should have walked away then! - I should have spend an extra $100 to get a decent clean hotel.
I was in my PJs before I realized that the fitted sheet hadn't been changed...evidenced by one long black hair and one short hair and mascara marks. Thank goodness I had my TravelSmith Silk sheet sleeping bag or else I would have had to get dressed and repack to change rooms...to the same [--]. Exac tly one-half of the electrical outlets worked. The nighttable was sticky, the phone cord had to be pushed in several times to get a phone connection. When I called the front desk to get the secret code for the $5 internet access, I was hung up on and then when I called back...no one answered. What happen to the security that someone would answer if you were in trouble? So, I called the hotel as a local call...and she answered! WaLa! I'm so sick of not being able to trust that you will get a clean room or caring human being when you dial "0". PS. I could hear everything in the room next to me and above me :( save you $100-spend an extra $100 and get a real room!

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — nasty dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — don't come here if you expect basic hotel services
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Hyatt Place Houston/Galleria
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown

Property: Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Address: 2300 West Loop S, Houston, TX 77027-4202 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Houston - Galleria)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #237 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Extended Stay, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Houston / Galleria Area Hotel Houston