Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
$179
$138
$117
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfront deskgrab and gohome away from homefull size fridgelaundry roombudget hotelhouston galleriathe general managerclean roomsbed was comfortablenice sizehouse keepingroyal sonestacoffee makerstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good Things:
1. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even if they did mess up our reservation, they were quick to help fix it.
2. Free coffee in the morning in the lobby.
3. Convenient location to Galleria Shopping Mall

Not so good or even terrible things:
1. Our room was run down and filthy. I regret not taking photos. DO NOT believe what you see posted on this site-our room was old, outdated and just plain dirty. There was a long black hair on the fitted sheet when we turned down one of the beds upon getting to our room. When I plugged in my cell phone behind the bedside table there was a disgusting amount of filth clinging to the outlet. It's not as though the outlet was hidden either. It was very easy to reach and visible. I opened a drawer in the kitchenette and it was so filthy. Not that I planned to cook and thank goodness for that as I would have never touched a dish in that kitchen.
2. Smoke filled hallways. It seemed that every room around us was filled with smokers. The smell in the hallway AND filtering into our room was HORRIBLE! We had to purchase odor eliminator spray from a nearby CVS.
3. Stagnant, hot air in public spaces. It just did not smell fresh. With temps over 100 degrees there was very little AC running to cool the lobby and hallway areas.
4. Bad linens all around. I have better towels that I consider rags at home.
5. The "grab n go" breakfast was marginal at best. Less than desirable pieces of whole fruit and granola bars. Better than nothing, but not much better.

Our group had three rooms-one on each floor and all were terrible. Take your business elsewhere, I plan to. Not sure I will ever use this chain again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GF_Gal
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 months at this hotel. The staff was excellent! From the desk clerks to the maids. We travel 9 months a year so I see a lot of hotel staff.

The rooms were CLEAN, cool and the furniture was nice and well kept! You can tell that the management cares about this hotel and their customers.

It was an enjoyable 3 month stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review. I am so glad that our staff provided you with excellent service and that you enjoyed your clean room. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Perfect location with clean comfortable rooms and the nicest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel! Truly feels like a home away from home! Extended Stay Galleria! The property is well maintained and the hallways and rooms are always clean and fresh. Ask for Andrew if you need anything!!!! He is the manager and unlike so many places I have stayed, he is always available and knows how to run his Hotel and make his guests welcome and comfortable. Also Zeba, James, Ashley, and Jean -- they are are wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and staff. It's great to hear that we could make you feel completely at home when you are not. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I came to Houston for over a month and stayed at this location. I cannot say enough good things about the staff here and their treatment of their guests. My year and a half old son wakes up every morning and asks to go down to say hello to the friendly staff and get his "grab n go" breakfast. It's very challenging to have to move into an enclosed space for such a long period of time with a young child, however the accommodating atmosphere here made it easy. Like any other location, there may be minor issues here and there, but what is important is how your requests get responded to, and I will say that the Manager/staff here will go out of their way to help you get what you need. The location is excellent, walking distance to the mall and lots of little cafes and shops. Close to highway, and if you have a car then almost anything/everything you can want is within a 3-4 mile radius. Ashley/Zeba/Chelsea/Tashina/Gene - all the girls at the front desk are friendly and constantly willing to help. James the head of maintenance is very helpful and will fix whatever it is you need in a timely fashion. Andrew, the manager, is very welcoming, helpful and has excellent Customer Service skills. All in all, we had a wonderful stay here and I highly recommend this place if you are going to be away from home, need to have a kitchen, and want to be somewhere central to the city of Houston. An added bonus - laundry is on site and there is also a lounge in the lobby, so if you have company, or just want a change of scenery while you watch TV in the evenings, you are provided with a living room at home type of feeling.

Room Tip: If you select a handicapped accessible room, expect the bathrooms to be huge and the room to be a little bit smaller.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for posting such a Fantastic review about our property and staff. I am proud of our team for Making your stay as wonderful as possible and making you feel at home when you were not.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Best location in Houston for business and people in a budget, the manager Andrew and almost all the girls at the front desk are happy to help and serve.
The Hotel is old but in good shape even a small fitness center will be appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you knew we wanted to make your stay the best it can be. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.