“Good price for 2 star hotel.”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #257 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“Good price for 2 star hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My mom and I stayed at this location few days ago the staff was very nice very helpful and fast helping us check in as quickly as possible I would like to mention Zeba the gsr there who was very sweet. Our room was very clean to although im surpirsed this hotel is not yet renovated like the other esa seeing as it's in a prime location. This hotel gets a 5 star from me and I will.be recommending this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a excellent stay with us. Our entire team prides itself on delivering exceptional service. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Zeba and my staff. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had a great experience at your hotel on my previous stays. Your employees showed great work ethics and positive attitudes that easily made my day. Your manager Andrew went above and beyond during my stay and truly made me feel like I was right at home. 10/10 would stay again. possible an extended stay....

Room Tip: If you ever want great hospitality while you stay, this is the place to go. Excellent employess all...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Brad,

The team and I appreciate your amazing remarks about your excellent experience. I'm so pleased to hear that we made you fee at home when you were so far away from your actual home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area. If you wish to contact me please do so at glr@extendedstay.com. Thanks again!
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location and cleaner than most budget hotels. Normal customers too. Nice staff and safe parking. Galleria is just down the street. This place used to be homestead and the wifi still has the name actually. Inside is definitely the extended stay decor. b

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Loved this hotel. Quiet. Clean. Front desk rep, Ashley quickly answered all calls and questions. Ashley even assisted when we lock our key in the room, she was able to provide a spare in no time at all. Great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Joseph - The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks about our service and location. I am proud of our team for meeting your needs and making you feel right at home. Especially, Ashley, for taking great care of you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Well furnished, very nice and neat, and well worth the money. Although surrounded by other hotels it was easy to find and the rooms inside are just as good as the looks of the hotel from outside. Staff was very nice and helpful, especially Zeba. She helped us in many ways as well as finding good restaurant around...provided extra necessities..this was my second stay at this hotel and will surely go back there when I visit houston again.

• Stayed April 2013
Alex - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. I'm thrilled that you were so pleased with your stay at our hotel. It's comments like yours that motivates the staff and I to continue to provide such excellent customer service to all of our guests!

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staying here on business and was very pleased with the staff and the service. Even though it's a budget hotel they make sure they go the extra mile to get everything you need, and always with a smile. Ashley has become a favorite with our group but the whole staff is top notch.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Ashley. They make me very proud of the entire team.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I first have to start off and say that the staff is excellent! Everyone working the front desk is incredibly friendly and happy to help. I've been there for a month and a half now, and you would expect to see people on there off days for so long, but never once have I encountered someone less than happy. Ashley who works at the front desk is awesome and made sure I had plenty of pillows, towels, etc for when I had visitors.

In terms of the facilities, it's a good budget place. You get what you need and living in a room is definitely doable, but I do wish there was a couch...or room for a couch for that matter. The little nook table/chairs is a nice set up. It's a maintained pretty well, things have definitely seen there share of wear and tear, but again, this is a budget place.

A positive to be noted is the quietness of the air-conditioning. Usually budget places have noisy units, but this one is quiet. As the whole place in general is (very quiet). Beds could use some major upgrades. They are pretty hard... And there tends to me a smell of cigarettes in the hallways that isn't so pleasant, but I mean who really hangs out in hallways anyways? So it's not a huge deal.

Overall, this place is good! You get what you pay for and the staff makes living in a hotel for an extended time a little bit more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lauren - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the beds were uncomfortable in your room. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations for your traveling needs.