“Trip to Houston”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #239 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“Trip to Houston”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I came to Houston for the first time what an experience! People are so friendly here it is amazing! Staying at this location was the first good thin we did we were close to everything in the city the mall, restaurants, and site seeing landmarks. Hotel was nice clean too, the staff was very comforting, we did not feel like this was our first time in Houston. I want to mention the staff ( Zeba) very sweet girls helped us during our whole trip. I would come back to Houston just to stay at the galleria uptown. Wonderful stay !

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Bigdaddy1309
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review of your stay at our Galleria Uptown location. I am excited to hear that you had a wonderful experience your first time to Houston that you really like the location of the hotel , close to the mall, restaurants and Landmarks. It's good to hear that Zeba was very sweet and helpful during your entire trip. We hope to see you back soon for another wonderful stay when in the area and thank you again for the great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was disappointed thatbthere wasnt an oven.the last extended stay I stayed at had one.spacious closets and over all pretty clean.the tv channel selectons are horrible.I wish there was a pool, but was still satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifer f
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in some things like that this location did not have an over nor a pool and that the TV channel selection was horrible, unfortunately not all of our hotels offer the same amenities, some have the ovens and some have the pools, but the Uptown location you stayed at had neither of those. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was good, you liked the spacious closets and clean rooms. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon when in the area!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My stay was pleasant, room was clean, and staff outstanding. Special mention to Ms. Ashley Crouch. When I arrived there was a hot water issue and guests were complaining in person and on the phone. I observed Ms. Ashley take care of each of the guests' concerns and let them know the management was taking immediate action. She handled the guests in a very kind and understanding manner despite the flaring tempers. I was very impressed with the hotel right from the start. Keep up the great work!
Note: The hot water did come on later that evening!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has non-smoking rooms.
1 Thank RoadRunnerNC2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that the room was clean and the staff was outstanding, especially Ashley in handling the hot water issue that the hotel experienced briefly. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with he hotel and we look forward to having you back soon. Thank you for all the feedback and great comments!
Austin
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wish I could give a better review because the front desk clerk was so nice but this place is super gross. No non-smoking rooms so my floor and especially my room smelled like total crap. The towels looked like they weren't washed. Also I went down for breakfast which was not only a total downer but also out of coffee. Didn't look like anyone planned on making more either. Also there are creepy lurking dudes everywhere which isn't super fun for a lady traveling alone. C'mon Extended Stay, you can do better than that.

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room. Don't be addicted to coffee. : )
1 Thank TaraWelchPhoto
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect and you were dissatisfied with the room. Thank you for bringing to our attention all the issues you encountered like the Breakfast issue and the "creepy" guys you saw around the hotel, we take your comments very seriously and we guarantee you that we are looking into all the issues mentioned. On the other hand I am glad that the service was good and please let us make it up to you by offering you a "Be Our Guest" certificate for all the issues encountered. Please reply to gmartinez@extendedstay.com with your mailing information. Thank you once again for the review.

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently went to Houston and as luck would have it my reservation was transferred to this location. I had my worries but wow what a hotel for the price. Hotel was clean, people were so nice, staff was just outstanding the young girl at the front desk Zeba was just a delight told me where to go, things to do and what to see just the little guide I needed. I can truly say the hotel felt like home away from home.

1 Thank Maine T
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am excited to hear that you were pleased with the clean room, the nice staff and that Zeba was a delight, that she was able to tell you where to go and things to do and see around the area. I am glad to hear that the hotel felt like "home away from home" . Thank you for the awesome review and we hope to see you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago. I was amazed by the great service they had for their guests.I wasn't very happy with the breakfast i expected more, that was the only down fall.However, the hotel and their staff was just amazing. The hotels ambiances was very good and I loved the location.Especially, your staff member Zeba was very helpful,she helped me find restaurants and things to do in Houston. Overall my experience at this hotel was very good.I will definately look forward to come back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kristen60763
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I am happy that you were amazed by the great service provided by Zeba and that she was very helpful in finding restaurants and thing to do in Houston. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our breakfast and that you expected more but I am glad that your overall experience was very good and that you will definitely be back again. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for choosing ExtendedStay Hotels.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm new in Houston and booked at Extended stay. Front desks staffs ( Ilia, Ashley and Zeba) are very helpful and accommodating. They make you feel at home and they will show you direction to go around the area.
They greet you everyday and any request they will gladly obliged. Very courteous and you can really feel the southern hospitality.
I will greatly recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bona g
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am happy that you chose to stay at our Uptown location and glad to hear that Ilia, Ashley and Zeba were very helpful and accommodating and they greeted you everyday and they filled all your requests. I am happy that the staff made you feel at home, provided directions around the area and they were very courteous and you definitely felt the Southern Hospitality. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!