“Awesome stay!!!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #233 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel was truly home away from home. Clean rooms, very nice and helpful staff what more can anyone ask for. We will be coming back here that is a promise. Rates are reasonable. They have great services such as the pantry, my sisters could not live with out, the laundry room, the pool and gym at the Sheraton hotel. The one thing I love is there is always someone to call if we needed anything 24 hour services. Great hotel seriously!!! People really need to give Homestead a try.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nilofer S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I took two rooms in August 2012. Price is really cheap and rooms are clean. I saw some ants on my second day of stay. The fridge and kitchenette were really helpful. Staff is very friendly.
Pros: Price and location.
Cons: Elevators need repair. Getting there was a nightmare due to traffic. It seems that freeways 59 and 610 are always full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not so close to elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andy b
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. The staff and I work hard to provide each of our guests with a friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere during their stay; I am so glad we were able to do this for you.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Don't be tempted by the cheaper rates. This place is horrible. Dirty beds. Ants. Noxious smells. Not worth the cost at half the price. I complained to the manager and she just told me what kind of ants they were. I complained to corporate and they never responded. Run away!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Peggy S
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Peggy,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Houston - Galleria . Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have traveled to 43 different countries and stayed in many hotels, some great, some OK and some terrible. This place looks good and the rates are reasonable. I like the Company and have stayed at a number of their properties in different cities, BUT, this one ranks as terrible. Where to start, the internet did not work in the room, OK no big deal right? 24 hours later we had to move to a new room as we have to be connected. The AC in the first room did not work, the toaster was broken and no-one can get anything fixed... We moved to the new room, everything seemed to be OK, we're connected and talking to someone on Skype (this is how we stay in touch with family) when the connection went down. No big deal right? They have a 24 hour service center you can call, but, the phone in the room does not work... Finally the desk clerk called the service center for me. I know more about their computer system than they do. It did start working after I insisted that they reboot the access point. Etc. ect. ect.

DON'T STAY HERE.... Find another place even if you have to drive a but futher to get to Galleri shopping....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SWSHouston
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in December 2010 and returned. Stayed on 3rd floor this trip. When first entering the room the smell of cleaning products was overwhelming. But the window opens so the room could be aired out. If not for this option, myself and companions probably could not have stayed. The residual of the cleaning products burned our eyes and throat. But opening the window corrected the situation to the point where we decided we could stay. Other than that, the room was a very good value. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. There was no issue with noise. The hallway a little smell of stale cigarette smoke. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank elana25
Reviewed April 17, 2011

A lot of people have trashed this hotel, but if you are looking for a cheap room in a good location, it's not so bad. Bear in mind, you're paying fifty bucks a night. The service is poor, no doubt. In fact, there's no one at the front desk after 11:00 p.m. If you want fresh towels and the bed made, there is a $3 a day charge. I paid for this, but they still didn't provide me towels on one of the three days we were there. My buddy also paid for this, and got no service on any of the days we stayed. There was always a line at the desk, and it was clearly understaffed. There are basically no amenities - if you want a gym or pool, they will give you a pass to go to the Sheraton next door. The place is a bit down at the heels. The rooms are decent sized and mine was clean. But the linens and bedspread are clearly worn. The lights in my buddy's room kept going on and off, and two of the guys had problems with the AC in their room. I had neither of these problems myself, but be prepared if you get the wrong room.

All that being said, it's cheap. I don't know what most people expect for fifty bucks a night, but this was about what I figured it would be. It's an aging, extended-stay hotel that provides a cheap place to crash. That's it. If you need a cheap room and don't have high expectations, this place is fine. If you expect valet parking and room service, pay the $250 a night for the Sheraton next door.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Neptune1117
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The first and last thing you'll notice about this hotel is the smell outside. There's no nice way to say it, it smells like an outhouse, an overpowering, gutwrenching stench that left us queasy. I don't know where the smell came from, it could be completely unrelated to the hotel, like from dumpsters at a building next door, but it definitely affected our stay.

We arrived at 3pm and had to wait in line for 30 minutes to check in. The employees at the counter were extremely slow and gave each customer a long sales pitch hawking extra towels and snacks even though there was a line waiting. The room itself was a bit smaller than I'm used to from extended-stay type rooms and had a strong odor of mopwater or disinfectant, the sheets were like sandpaper, and there was a constant racket of doorslamming in the morning.

The location is great but I can't say it was worth the rest of the experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple