“Great Extended Stay Experience”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin
Ranked #412 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am a travel nurse, and stayed at this hotel for almost 6 months. I have to admit that I was DREADING an extended stay before I arrived here. It ended up being the best experience I could have hoped for! I am a nurse, so I'm kind of a clean freak and germ-a-phobe. Now this isn't a 5 star hotel, so I came prepared with Clorox wipes, and used my own towels, pillows, and comforter. After I finished cleaning the place to my own liking, it was wonderful! The staff was always very helpful. They even founde a bottom floor room at the last minute because it was right next door to my old room, and felt like home away from home :) I brought my own fan, and with it turned on, I could not hear a thing at night! I always felt very safe. Many of the people who stay here are either working in the medical field, or are in Houston seeking treatment for medical issues. Every other patron Iet was extremely nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a long term stay in the Houston area for a decent price!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had reservations at this place for 5 .nights during HLSR however due to quality of accomodations for yje rste I was being charged we checked out after just 12 hrs..The lobby was constantly full of guedts making complaints about dirty rooms, needing clean towels, etc. The staff made excuses constantly ! I don't think it was the staff that was the problem, rather ownership and management. This property is adjacent to Reliant Hall and Texas Medical Center....compared to the property we moved to, this property is overpriced by at least 100%. The ownership simply takes advantage of their location by pricing the property based on surrounding properties rates which is very unfortunate for unsuspecting guests !

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HLSR
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Newly painted room, some new fixtures, but NOT a new mattress. Old but clean appliances in a very small room with Motel 6 size and quality towels. Nowhere to eat nearby and no room service. "Breakfast" was packaged snacks and coffee. The staff was poor and not very personable. I finally walked to the office after no one answered the phone on several attempts. On another occasion, there was a no one at the front desk and a note stating that the clerk was away. I had booked another stint here, but cancelled and re-booked elsewhere. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay here, you have to have a car. But if you have a car, stay elsewhere and drive to the ar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is great because it is about 8 minuste to medical district and it is less than 3 minutes from Reliant Park/Reliant Stadium. The staff was nice but the room on the other hand was small and the a.c. unit was right next to the bed so I had to cover my face with a pillow to keep air from blowing in my face and when I woke the next morning my nose was stopped up. Plus about the room it had a kitchenette but it was not seperate from the beds.

Room Tip: Higher floors there i less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Convenient to MetroRail and took only 5 minutes to the TMC Transit Center and a 2 minute walk to Mays Clinic at MD Anderson. Across the street is Reliant Stadium with many events. Shuttle is also available to the med center. My wife and I requested and received a non-smoking, downstairs room. The room while being a bit smaller than I would like was well appointed and my wife described it as being tastefully done. The room had the appearance of being recently remodeled as everything appeared new. Lights, fridge, microwave, TV, phone, 2 burner stove in the kitchenette, etc., all worked. We were pleased to have such a clean and quiet place to stay. The staff was quite friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. The breakfast is grab and go and is adequate for those trying to keep a schedule. I must admit that after reading other feedback, I was cautious, but my experience was pleasantly surprising.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The property for one is a little difficult to get into if you are coming down Fannin from the north, you have to go past the entrance and turn around and come back. I am in a wheelchair, to get into the office took a lot of work and assistance, the handicap ramp is too short & steep and was not well thought out. The room was small, the bed and pillows too soft (had to sleep in the chair), the refrigerator didn't get cold (I had insulin with me that needed to be refrigerated), the bathroom shower was like a motorhome shower and there was only one waste basket in the entire room and that was in the bathroom.

Room Tip: If you must stay at an Extended Stay America motel, choose the one on Braeswood....the rooms are lar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is not a place i would recommend anyone to stay in... The staff is rude and the front desk girl (Ikena) is the most unethical person i have ever seen. The rooms are small and not very well kept nd it is not a pleasant experience staying here...I wish you a good luck staying in this extended stay!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Faj2010
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Candlewood Suites Houston Medical Center
Americas Best Value Inn- near NRG Park/Medical Center
1 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Medical Center
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Greenway Plaza
Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin

Address: 7979 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77054-2906 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Fannin St.)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #412 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: $68 - $200 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Houston / Medical Hotel Houston