Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin
Ranked #409 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The supervisor and staff were extremely during my stay. I had to rush my wife to the hospital on friday i called and asked for a room before i left. when i got to the hospital around 2 in the afternoon but didn't get to the motel till around 9 pm my room was already set up
. The next day saturday i found out she was going to have to stay in the hospital for 4 days
. I asked the supervisor for a4 day extension on my room when i went to see my wife in the morning when i got back to the motel everything was set up

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelvinHemphilltx
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Melvin - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you in your time of need. We hope your wife is doing well!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hello,

I have stayed at your hotel for a few years now and really enjoy staying there. The staff is nice and the hotel itself is quaint. I leave early in the morning and don't return until very late in the evening/early morning. Basically I stay there just to get a few hours of sleep and a shower and your hotel accommodates these needs.

That being said, I am a volunteer in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and presently on the Bar-B-Que Committee. I want to take this opportunity to explain to your corporation how volunteerism works. As a volunteer we have to pay Rodeo dues, Committee dues, lose time off work and sometimes pay, also having to pay the cost of hotels at time. Which on the norm I don't mind this because after all it is to raise funds for the kids, scholarships, and so forth, as well as, to help boost sales in the community.

Often I reserve and pay for my room in advance, (almost 10 months to a year in advance), and have paid the normal price. I do this to help me save money. I understand that the hotel is no longer called Heritage and that the Extended Stay America has combined several hotels and did a little bit of re-painting, some slight remodeling and such and that other hotels in the area price gauge during the Rodeo Cook Off. They do this because of company's that bring in the cook teams, business associates, guest of the Tents. Corporations and company's can afford to pay the outrageously high prices, unfortunately those of us on Committee's can’t.

Let me reassure you that I enjoy staying at this hotel. It is small and quaint and the price was right. However, this year your prices have increased, for the first time is not allowing me to pay in advance at the normal rates for the dates that I wish to stay (during the Cook Off). This is when I have to work my volunteer shifts. I work from morning until night all during the Cook Off itself. The BBQ Committee serves the public and all of the Committeemen that are working/volunteering during this time. Although I really enjoy your hotel, I feel that you can’t compete with the other hotels in the area and their amenities in which you lack. So I feel that your increase in cost is outrageously unwarranted and that you are going to lose loyal customers. I strongly urge you to reconsider the cost increase during the dates of the Rodeo Cook Off or to allow us few that do pay in advance to reap the benefit of doing so. I really want to continue my support of your establishment but feel if I have to pay the higher cost then I need to receive the most for my money and may have to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I apologize that our nightly rate was not in line with your expectations for our hotel. Please know, these rates are devised using a number of key metrics and update as needed. It is not our intention to cause any guest to be inconvenienced by the cost, including yourself.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate all your thoughts. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at med@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have avoided the ESA chain because they don't seem to get great reviews, but I got this room at a bargain and had to be in the Med Center area, so the situation was perfect. So, first off, I wanted to give this a lower rating, but I could not. It does certain things right and deserves not to be rated lower. I also thought about a higher rating but when compared to others, I simply could not.

So what does it do right? For one thing, the price is right. It is even lower for the other ESA that is about a mile away. The location near med center is great for those who need to visit. They have a shuttle to get you around and the Houston Metro light rail system is right across the street. Also the rooms have a kitchen with full refrig. The place is actually decent looking and clean. They have some nice space saving touches. Also, the front desk people were very nice. I think it is great when you have people who treat the guest nicely. Also, the place was very quiet even though all the rooms were full, so it appears to have good walls.

So why not a higher rating? Well, this is basically a regular size hotel room but instead of two beds, they have one bed and shoehorn the kitchen in (although it is done nicely). So, this is a small place. And even that would be tolerable if they would have spend a little more money on the bed mattress. My first judge of anyone is how good the mattress is because that is why I am here. Although not the worse in the world, it is hard and squeaks. They try to soften it with a foam mattress pad but it is hard. Itt doesn't provide a bad sleep but not what I would like. So because of the size of the room and the feel of the bed, I couldn't rate it higher.

My only other comment is that this is an extended stay place meant for people who will be here a while. I only stayed one night so I cannot tell you how it would feel to stay here for a while. But I would come back here again because of the price and location.

Room Tip: Although I requested a non-smoking room, somehow they reserved a smoking room for me. Just double-ch...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago for a business trip and it was one of the best experiences on my business travels I have had so far. I must say that the staff was very friendly and energetic. The staff was very helpful with any questions I had. The property was clean and the room was in perfect condition. I would definitely stay at this location again and encourage my co-workers to as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff and enjoyed your room. It was especially pleasing to read that your stay with us was, "one of the best experiences on (your) business travels...so far"!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was much too small for my needs. My visit was for medical reasons, i was having surgery and staying 2 weeks. The room was too small. It is a perfect location for anyone going to the Stadium, not right for our situation in particular. There are hotels with bigger rooms for truly extended stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was too small for your needs. Regardless, we hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at _med@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked a room here on a Friday evening because of its location to Reliant Park. The park is literally across the street! Check in was quick. The staff was very helpful. I needed a later check out because I was running a 5K the following morning at Reliant Park, and it was not a problem to get that taken care of. Breakfast was great; apples, oranges, muffins. The room was clean and the beds/pillows were comfortable. I recommend staying here if you will be visiting this part of Houston. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Mrs Mahana,
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was worried at first after seeing a couple of these reviews and then seeing how low the price was. But on a budget I didn't have many reasonable choices. I was happily proved wrong! The staff was incredibly friendly and answered any questions I had. The room was CLEAN and kept. The only issue I had with it was the doorknob on the bathroom was starting to come loose. But that is minuscule. Overall it was a great stay and for such a good price in the downtown area, I would definitely stay again if I go back to that area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.