“Compassionate Courteous Friendly Care”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin
Ranked #406 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Texarkana Texas
“Compassionate Courteous Friendly Care”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay at ESA -Med center was just super. We arrived not knowing what to expect and quickly found out that we did not have to worry about anything. Both Gregory and Tiffany were ready with answers for any questions that we had and helped us feel right at home from the moment of arrival. Cleanliness and service is what this establishment is all about. Cliff our shuttle driver was knowledgeable and super nice.Irregularity doesn't bother these great folks at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Bob R, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel staff is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mission, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had previously stayed at Extended Stay America on Braeswood in Houston and we had a great stay. I got an offer from this hotel and booked 2 months ago for a stay at this motel because they promised $20.00 off for the two nights we were staying.

We arrived there and were told that we couldn't the $20.00 off and would have to wait until we checked out. We never got it when we checked out as although the office was open, they had no one at the desk. I had to call when I got home to tell them to remove it from my bill. They did refund me the money, but gave me $19.98..seriously. Why not the full amount I was promised on the reservation I printed out that said I would get the $19.98. Now I had paid taxes on the whole amount plus paying for the long distance call to get it refunded to my credit card. I think that is bad business.

The breakfast was nothing, but, a few bars and packaged oatmeal and a few fruit. The one on Braeswood is a real breakfast with waffles, etc.

The room was nice. They had redecorated, which was nice, but they didn't change the bathroom sink had a huge burn whole in it and should have been changed. There was only one tiny garbage basket and it was in the bathroom. I think they should at least have had one more in the bedroom area.

We were just very dissatisfied and surprised after we had stayed in the Hotel on Braeswood.

We also checked the bottom sheet and it was full of dirt and hair which led us to believe that it hadn't been changed. The bedspread looked new, but when we turned it back it had a blood stain on it. Not what we wanted to see in this day and age!!

Room Tip: Go to the Extended Stay on Braeswood!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Cheryl 515, Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Frankston, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have just returned from our 7th stay at the Extended Stay-Medical Center in less than a year. Each time, the staff (from the front Desk, to shuttle drivers, the breakfast person, and/or housekeeping) have always quickly provided service beyond the expected. Xavier has handled
our reservations and irregular checkouts with gracious courtesy. We take the shuttle to MD Anderson and we have found Terry (Senior) to be a very flexible, patient driver and assistant for the backdoor lift. Although I have only slept on the sofa bed, the handicapped room/suite is an absolute necessity for my friend, the 76 year old Senior with one leg. Our next visit will be after Easter and we will look forward to familiar faces and welcome smiles.

Room Tip: If you sleep on the sofa bed, use a double folded blanket under the bottom sheet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for outstanding review of our hotel, Extended Stay America-Med Center-Fannin. I'm thrilled that the front desk, Terry, the housekeepers and Xavier were always very friendly, gracious and provided service that was beyond your expectations!! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again after Easter!! Thank you for staying with us!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stay at many extendedstays before,but this location is by far the best property in the houston area... this exterior property allow for fresh air to flow thru the room... In the am, the birds are singing, and the on the go breakfast is right on time.. The staff is always friendly and helpful... Any info I was in need of was at my fingertip because Tiffany was able to look up online anything needed... iam very pleased with hotel staff and property.. looking froward to my next visit !!

• Stayed December 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Tiesha T, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This room met my needs just fine as I was single and needed a place near the medical center. There is a free shuttle to the medical center as well and they have a free continental breakfast. That being said, I felt like the amenities in the room itself were a little lacking. Now, they do have stuff at the desk that is complimentary, but I felt like I shouldn't have to go downstairs to ask for shampoo. There are some nice amenities as well though - good coffee, dishes, microwave, toaster, full sized fridge, and two burners, plus dishes and frying pan. Dish soap is also included. As this is extended stay, you don't get daily maid service but that wasn't an issue for me as I only stayed two days - and you can always go downstairs and get more towels and linens. If you do want more than twice a week maid service it is available, but there's an extra charge. Also, the front office closes at 11 PM, and if you get in after this (which I did) you have to call on a phone next to the office for someone to come out front and check you in. This was done pretty promptly but was an extra step on an already long travel day I could have done without - the person who checked me in was very nice and helpful though. Room was clean and everything was fine for the most part - had one lamp that didn't work and the alarm clock display was not reading correctly (but I always use my phone for an alarm anyhow.) All in all, a good room at a good value, but a little different than your traditional hotel stay.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, an upstairs room away from the street is best, but there are no elevators. If yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chuck M
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Chuck M, I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband was diagonsed with Kidney cancer. Unfortunately, we live in a state which has NO surgeons to perform this type of surgery & landed at MD Anderson. Extended Stay made it so much easier for us!! Within walking distance for the hospital & having the best help at the hotel---Our hats are off to Al Garcia, manager, who not only made us feel welcome but has hired such people as Geanita Hatcher (what a wonderful lady! always checking on us personally & making sure we lacked for nothing, something I saw her do with countless other clients!), Xavier Nevarez, who always finds a way for us to get in right away, watches out for us & found us a wonderful gentleman to get us to & from the airport at such a reasonable rate. Thanks to these fine people for being wonderful during a very trying time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank phos37
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Phos37, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Atlanta, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Came in for the holidays on a short notice and was able to find a cheap room and felt like I never left home. The warming feeling that the staff provided was a great topping to the stay. I have never used the Extended Stay chain but I have to say it was impressive. I did go online to read a few of these reviews from previous guest and found that they were not quite what I experienced. I was really just impressed, the rooms were newly renovated so it made a nice welcoming touch. I cant say that I know what the rooms were like before the remodel but what I can say it must have been a great improvement. Thank you to the staff for being so nice and warming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom H
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Tom, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such great things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.