Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin
Ranked #394 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“My second home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stay at many extendedstays before,but this location is by far the best property in the houston area... this exterior property allow for fresh air to flow thru the room... In the am, the birds are singing, and the on the go breakfast is right on time.. The staff is always friendly and helpful... Any info I was in need of was at my fingertip because Tiffany was able to look up online anything needed... iam very pleased with hotel staff and property.. looking froward to my next visit !!

• Stayed December 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Tiesha T, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This room met my needs just fine as I was single and needed a place near the medical center. There is a free shuttle to the medical center as well and they have a free continental breakfast. That being said, I felt like the amenities in the room itself were a little lacking. Now, they do have stuff at the desk that is complimentary, but I felt like I shouldn't have to go downstairs to ask for shampoo. There are some nice amenities as well though - good coffee, dishes, microwave, toaster, full sized fridge, and two burners, plus dishes and frying pan. Dish soap is also included. As this is extended stay, you don't get daily maid service but that wasn't an issue for me as I only stayed two days - and you can always go downstairs and get more towels and linens. If you do want more than twice a week maid service it is available, but there's an extra charge. Also, the front office closes at 11 PM, and if you get in after this (which I did) you have to call on a phone next to the office for someone to come out front and check you in. This was done pretty promptly but was an extra step on an already long travel day I could have done without - the person who checked me in was very nice and helpful though. Room was clean and everything was fine for the most part - had one lamp that didn't work and the alarm clock display was not reading correctly (but I always use my phone for an alarm anyhow.) All in all, a good room at a good value, but a little different than your traditional hotel stay.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, an upstairs room away from the street is best, but there are no elevators. If yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chuck M
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Chuck M, I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband was diagonsed with Kidney cancer. Unfortunately, we live in a state which has NO surgeons to perform this type of surgery & landed at MD Anderson. Extended Stay made it so much easier for us!! Within walking distance for the hospital & having the best help at the hotel---Our hats are off to Al Garcia, manager, who not only made us feel welcome but has hired such people as Geanita Hatcher (what a wonderful lady! always checking on us personally & making sure we lacked for nothing, something I saw her do with countless other clients!), Xavier Nevarez, who always finds a way for us to get in right away, watches out for us & found us a wonderful gentleman to get us to & from the airport at such a reasonable rate. Thanks to these fine people for being wonderful during a very trying time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank phos37
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Phos37, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Atlanta, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Came in for the holidays on a short notice and was able to find a cheap room and felt like I never left home. The warming feeling that the staff provided was a great topping to the stay. I have never used the Extended Stay chain but I have to say it was impressive. I did go online to read a few of these reviews from previous guest and found that they were not quite what I experienced. I was really just impressed, the rooms were newly renovated so it made a nice welcoming touch. I cant say that I know what the rooms were like before the remodel but what I can say it must have been a great improvement. Thank you to the staff for being so nice and warming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom H
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Tom, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such great things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
South Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotels hot water was out I called and within 2 hours the plumber was there.
The manager was also there not sure if she lives on site but she was there at 2am
The problem was not fixed,so I was sent to a sister hotel to shower the manager did everything
She could she had another guest screaming and causing a scene but she was very calm
I will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robert d
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you Robert for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that staff handled the water issue to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed here for a long time. I went through the remodel (100x better.) and I have seen numerous faculty changes. The current group Kimberly , Tiffany, Greg, veronica and manager Amanda are by far the best. I always feel at home and they all know my name. Any request I have are met completely and with a smile on their faces. I originally intended to only stay here for a couple of months until I found a new apartment but I feel so safe and cared for here I have stayed for more then a year. The rooms are sufficient for me as I am alone and work a lot. The only disadvantage is not having an oven in the room but not many hotels or extended stays do so I don't blame the location. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon because I have made this place my home. It's expensive but worth my sanity and safety compared to an apartment complex. Thank you Amanda and staff for making this place enjoyable enough for me to stay!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Candace_Roberts
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Candace, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Florence, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My regular hotel was fully booked as were most of the better hotels in Houston. I found this one on Orbitz at a good rate. My taxi drove by the place three times before we found it. Their sign was not on and the place looks like an ordinary residential building. The desk clerk said that they were having wiring problems. Check in was quick and I walked around the complex and found my room. The key did not work. I returned to the front desk for a replacement key and it was then that the clerk noticed that I had reserved a non smoking room. He gave me a key for the last non smoking room available.

When I opened the door to my new room, I tried to turn on a light by using the switch at the doorway. Nothing happened. Using my suitcase, I propped open the guest room door so that I could see to reach the switch accross the room that turned on the kitchen light. This light and the light in the bathroom were the only light available. The switch at the door was apparently intended to operate a table lamp at the bedside, but this lamp had been removed from the room.

This was a very small room. It was barely adequate for an overnight stay. I can't emagine staying here ofr an extended period.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Gary H, I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the lights in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us.