“Bed bugs odor hair everything”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook
Ranked #425 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“Bed bugs odor hair everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Do not stay in this place. If it were the last place to stay in Houston don't go. Do the city a favor and allow this place to go under so that the company actually invests money into staffing and renovating. The only reason I stayed here is because it was the only open place in Houston during a major conference. I would have just as soon stayed home. Not healthy, and unsafe. One of my colleagues had a stranger come in during the middle of the night!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Nicholas H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Nicholas - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear that the room did not meet your standards in cleanliness. I am sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, I will discuss your comments with our team to make sure your experience does not happen again moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at wbk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived very late at night expecting to find the non smoking room we had asked for, but instead we found a room with such a disgusting odor to cigarette that it was impossible to normally breath inside. Also, I suffer from multiple.food allergies, that's why we choose this hotel because of the kitchen, but there was just a pot, a spoon and 2 bowls; no cooking utensils, no forks nor knifes, no glasses...nothing! So disappointed and disgusted with the old and smelly room that we had to leave immediately the next day.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank andre380
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, wbk@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Pasadena, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

The manager was simply rude to the customers as well as the employees. When i first checked in my room had a leak under the sink and the mildew smell was all arond the room. I went back to the front desk and a young woman told me she had no other rooms to put me in, and i would have to wait until morning when people checked out. It was a horrible first night, but they changed the room in the morning. I walked in and said goodmorning to the manager and she said nothing back and walked away. She came back and gave me a new room. I felt unwelcome. Following these events my room was cleaned twice during my entire stay. I stayed there for one month on business and this one guy working in the office went above and beyond for me during my stay was the only person who made me feel espespecially welcome and I heard that the manager fired him for some odd reason and rumors circulated right before I left that she allegedly told an employee that there were too many black people working there and he had to go because he was a man as well. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mropinion51170655444
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of professionalism displayed by some of our staff members. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at wbk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for more than three months, during which time they cleaned my room only upon request. This was not part of the agreement, the agreement said that they would clean my room every week. Not true. The last four weeks of my trip my phone did not work and they raised my rate by $10 a day. When I complained I got the usual two step, it is corporate, no it is up to the local property. The last four weeks no one cleaned my room either. Finally when I paid for the week ahead of time they promised me a rebate on the five days that I did not use. To date three weeks after checking out no rebate, surprise, surprise, surprise. Again that is up to corporate, corporate says it is up to the local hotel.

Final indignity was that I found several cockroaches that I killed and flushed. Ultimately a horrible place but since I was on 90 reservation I was locked in. Take my advice and pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere else. The pits.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank riggins16
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situations you described regarding the housekeeping and cleanliness of your room are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wbk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The check in was fast and easy. The check in staff was very nice and friendly considering we checked in around 11pm (after hrs and we had to call the number indicated on the door to get someone to come and open the front office door to check us in). First impression of the room was nice and clean (or so we thought). There are no shampoo/toothbrush/soap... lucky for us we brought our own... after a staying for 2 hrs we saw a lot of small cockroaches roaming the kitchen floor as well as the sink area. It was too late to get other room so we ended up checking out the next day after our business meeting. This was a disappointment bc I was excited about this stay and thought it would be "homie" but the cockroaches problem ruined our stay.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank dtbp28
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, we are sorry for this and are working to rectify the issue. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with friendly customer service.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Location is behind a restaurant with heavy traffic so give yourself extra time when traveling. Pet friendly. Plenty of parking. Location is clean. Laundry room on site- small washers $2.00 per wash and dry

• Stayed January 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recommend the Willowbrook ESA because it's centrally located to anything needed from restaurants to shopping. The noise level is decent overall. My 2 month stay was pretty pleasant considering I had nothing from home to make it even better.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room a must if you are a night shifter or late sleeper. A lot of guests are in the area fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel's location to be perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.