“Billing problems and safety issues”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook
Ranked #402 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel did not honor my 'Extended Stay America' coupon discounts which I was relying on.
The bill from my room cost twice what I was quoted via the 1-800 reservation number which I had called the day before. This is major error which I cannot afford, and am stuck to struggle through.

Also, I had booked this room via the Extended STay america 1-800 reservation number, I had requested a handicap and 'quiet' room, neither of which I recieved. Upon check in, I was given a room that I was not able to navigate and was not safe for me. And it was directly in the middle of heavy foot traffic and 24 hour/ a day noise :S Yuck!

Otherwise, the ladies at the front desk are amazing, sweet, and try to accomidate as best they can. The hotel is in a residential neighborhood area, with lots of tree's, shopping, great places to eat, and just overall 'fun' place.
There have been several car break in's since I've been here, so far in one week I think 3 cars have been broken into. If you stay here, just be careful, be safe, and talk with the long term hotel guests to navigate and be safe and get what you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Calamity J
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook

Reviewed April 28, 2013

its such a clean and nice hotel. It feels like home, pillows are like feather soft!!! ZZZZZzzzzzz slept like a baby staying here! front desk is awsome, Evelyn and Jocelyn and especially the Manager (forgot his name) but he is great!!! everyone is sweet from housekeepers to front desk. Well kept, clean all the time! If you need anything TRUST ME they WILL help you!!!

Room Tip: just let them know what you want and they will do everything they can to help you!! its like family!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After checking in and moving rooms 3 times within 2 days, they finally found a room for me....that had broken appliances, leaking refrigerator and roaches...oh yes roaches..try reaching into the utensil drawer and having your hand covered in roaches...all sizes crawling all over you, your knives, forks and spoons....Thought I was in a bad horror movie. Told the manager and she assured me that a few roaches were "common" for that time of year and because it had rained...mmmm no thanks.....for $1500 a month I would rather live out of my car next to the homeless person. Trash outside piled up for days, so much so that a raccoon named Ricky by the locals made his daily meal. Staff so so friendly and did not attend to room concerns, however asked if they would stay somewhere with bugs ...I go a bad look and a "ewww no" as an answer. Yet they ask their guests to do so. Hope management sees this and any other comments.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Becky B
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had some pests in your room. In response to your feedback, I am assuring that our pest control company sprays the rooms more often. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wbk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a minimum two hour wait from initial try to check in (18:15) before getting keys to my room ( Well past 20:00)

Noisy fridge and aircon.

Annoying train at 05:00 almost every morning.

Did get a free dinner as compensation for the bad checkin.

• Stayed: March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. Let me start again by apologizing to you for your unpleasant check in. I too, would have been frustrated and disappointed in if it took more than 10 minutes to check in. However, I can assure you that it is not our standard to have guests waiting for more than 5 minutes after they come to check in. That day that you arrived, we were short in personnel and your room was not ready. I ended up cleaning your room instead of trying to send you off to another location. Again, it was my fault and I take full responsibility for it. Since then we have hired more staff to ensure that this does not occur again. I know the train is in close proximity to our location and it can get a bit annoying but I will say that our location which is in close proximity to so many restaurants and retail centers will hopefully make up for that train.

Again, I am sorry that you stay was not as great but I hope you can give us another chance to make it right for you. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly at wbk@extendedstay.com or call me at 281-397-9922.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Ok counted on Trip Advisor and was steered wrong again. Mounds of trash outside(see photo), cigarette butts everywhere outside, changed rooms due to a screaming kid, and we had a room that had broken into prior to our stay. The door could be pushed open from the outside. We were told it would get fixed the next morning. It wasn't. Got a maintenance guy to fix it but still needs work. Sad breakfast. Pass on this next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank parodyqueen
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The trash and cigarettes around the property you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am increasing the amount of trash pick-ups and having a meeting with the staff to ensure that this does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at wbk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've experience new bed sheets that are very comfortable. Very clean rooms to perfection. My vacation was restful. Service was great and very nice employees. They serve breakfast that is very tasteful and you should come try.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms and easier to get to cars
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Beezy-knows
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for kindly writing a review of your stay. We are extremely delighted to know that with our hard work, we have accomplished for your stay to be GREAT. We are all just as ecstatic as you are about the rooms and we will make sure that we continue to keep our rooms FRESH so that all of our guests have the same type of stay as you did. Again, thank you for such a great review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had to stay a few til my apartment was ready to move in. The girls were not only pretty! But, they were friendly & helpful... They helped me with everything I needed! I will definitely tell my friends & Family to stay here when they get to Houston! Rooms are clean, really nice!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

It is always a wonderful feeling to know that all the hard work efforts from every one of us make someone’s stay more delightful. Whether you are here for work or just relocating rest assured that we will take care of you and we all want you to feel that way. Thank you for staying with us and most of all thank you for letting us know how we did.