“Great service - great price”

Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport
Ranked #295 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“Great service - great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you need a hotel to layover in Houston the red roof Inn is a place for you. It is clean, a great bed, Internet, a free shittle and wonderful service staff all at a great price.

In fact Shanice helped me work out several problems with my flight, printed out my boarding pass and got me to the airport just in time to meet my flight. wonderful fantastic staff.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Darrough2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Mateo California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

United Airlines put me up for the night here when I was stranded in Houston.

It took 1 hour from the time we called for pickup to our arrival at the hotel.

When I got to my room, I found a HUGE Cockroach waiting for me in my bathroom.... (see photo) Disgusting.

My buddy didn't have a cockroach in his room, but woke up with tons of little bug bites all over his body.... Perhaps the cockroaches ate the bed bugs?

I couldn't wait to get out of here..... If you are reading this and the airline puts you up here, spend the extra money and hit the Sheraton across the street....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dawoz
Zohra C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hello guest

I'm sorry for your experience but how come to didn't complaint before you checkout. I didnt see any complaints made by phone records or upon check out because we usually make guest sign the paper work when they complaints or you can ask for different room if you were not really satisfied.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here Monday, June 10 because I had a short night in Houston before flying out to Pensacola the next morning. Hotel van was right on time, just a 5 minute drive from airport and staff was super friendly. Ideally situated as we were able to walk next door to the hotel and find Subway, Chinese, and several other restaurants. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello

Thank you for your great review. please come back to see us soon.
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent one night before and one night after our cruise. Conveniently close to IAH Airport, free courtesy car, excellent customer service from the front desk staff and drivers. Room was clean, beds very comfortable, great pillows, clean bathroom. Good breakfast, enjoyed making our own waffles, also got good use of the free Wi Fi. Liked this hotel so much that I just booked a three night stay for later this month. Want good value for your money? Stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Valdagno, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent 9 days in this hotel for work reasons. It was Good for the Very convenient price. Clean the room, clean the bathroom, good the bed. The only thing I personally think it was missing is a refrigerator. The hotel sells beverages but if a guest wants to drink something different he has no possibility. Generally I recommend this strcture for people that need a comfortable hotel for a very good price

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Flight out of Houston Bush airport was cancelled and United booked us at the Red Roof Inn. At about 11:00 PM was outside waiting for the Red Roof Inn shuttle. No show. After about 20 minutes I tried calling the motel TWICE and both times no one answered the phone. Finally was able to get a ride with the nice Double Tree shuttle driver. The Double Tree is next door. Upon arriving the desk clerk appeared overwhelmed. Also found out why there was no answer when I called. While standing at the desk, the motel phone kept ringing and ringing. The desk clerk ignored it. Room was average but you get what you pay for. Shower head was broken. The next morning there were about 20 of us waiting at 0500 for the shuttle to the airport. All had made arrangements for the 0500 shuttle. No shuttle driver. The shuttle driver finally showed up for work at 0510. This property goes on my "Never Stay At Again" list which is really fairly short.

Room Tip: I'm not sure this motel has any really good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravisOklahoma
Norfolk--uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is convenient for Houston airport b but is WAY below the normal USA standards. It is tired--needs a deep clean & updating. The advertised continental breakfast was in the foyer--on paper plates & polystyrene cups. The nearby eating facilities were just as bad.

Room Tip: all the rooms seemed bad.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David F
Zohra C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello David F

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; accept my sincerest apologies.
we are in a process of doing a remolding hopefully when you visit us next time you will be satisfied.