“Very Bad Experience”

Ranked #321 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Oklahoma
“Very Bad Experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Flight out of Houston Bush airport was cancelled and United booked us at the Red Roof Inn. At about 11:00 PM was outside waiting for the Red Roof Inn shuttle. No show. After about 20 minutes I tried calling the motel TWICE and both times no one answered the phone. Finally was able to get a ride with the nice Double Tree shuttle driver. The Double Tree is next door. Upon arriving the desk clerk appeared overwhelmed. Also found out why there was no answer when I called. While standing at the desk, the motel phone kept ringing and ringing. The desk clerk ignored it. Room was average but you get what you pay for. Shower head was broken. The next morning there were about 20 of us waiting at 0500 for the shuttle to the airport. All had made arrangements for the 0500 shuttle. No shuttle driver. The shuttle driver finally showed up for work at 0510. This property goes on my "Never Stay At Again" list which is really fairly short.

Room Tip: I'm not sure this motel has any really good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravisOklahoma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Norfolk--uk
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is convenient for Houston airport b but is WAY below the normal USA standards. It is tired--needs a deep clean & updating. The advertised continental breakfast was in the foyer--on paper plates & polystyrene cups. The nearby eating facilities were just as bad.

Room Tip: all the rooms seemed bad.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David F
Zohra C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello David F

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; accept my sincerest apologies.
we are in a process of doing a remolding hopefully when you visit us next time you will be satisfied.
Tahiti
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently landed at 2300hrs and called the number for the shuttle. It was then sent to the wrong terminal, and drove back empty. 45 minutes later it arrives again, and we get to hotel. The receptionist was blaming being busy, but a simple sorry would have been a better course of action. The shuttle back the next AM was half an hour late, and again, no simple sorry. All in all, a very much take it or leave it attitude, and so we won't be giving any more money to Red Roof Inns. Sorry, but there are too many other options than to get surley staff late at night. If you don't like your job, then tough, but don't give the bad attitude to customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Thorheim
Zohra C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the IAH Houston Airport, TX Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Culver City, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came in town to help my daughter with a recent move to Houston, I booked myself at the red roof inn at the airport for 2 nights, as it is cheap and I was just here for a day and did not want to spend a lot of money, I have never stayed at a red roof inn, and never will again, I usually opt for a more quality establishment. But it was close to airport, had free internet and free breakfast, My first impression was its okay, nothing fancy smelled a little like cigarettes, but I'll deal with it for 64.00 a night, slept okay was fairly quiet, got up took a shower, came out and there is a bug crawling across my sheets, at first I thought it was a baby cockroach and said humm, but then I put my glasses on and took a closer look, it wasn't a baby cockroach, I have never seen a bed bug before, I showed my daughter and she said it was, but neither of us really know, so I wrapped it in a towel and took down to front desk and showed the young lady at front desk, she said she would have someone check it out, really no appoligies no offer to change my room, when I asked to change rooms as I still had one night there left, she said they were completly booked but later when someone checked out they would move me. I took my bags with me as I didn't want to leave them to get bugs, I really didn't want to come back to hotel, but I had already paid for the room on hotels.com, so when I came back to hotel at 7pm and asked for my room they still had me in the the same room, i asked to be changed because of the bug, she looked on her logs and said there was no note of it, she gave me another room alright next to the washing machines and above the air conditioning unit, as if I was the pest, I never complain and usually understand you get what you pay for, but bad service is bad service, no matter what the price, I will pay the extra 20.00 and stay somewhere where the guest is what keeps them in business, not the cheap rates and you get what you pay for. BUGSSSS

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank surfingmo
Zohra C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I'm very sorry for your bad experience, upon your complain we did call pest control(Eco Lab) to check for bugs and they did not find any kind of bugs in the same room. I'm more gladly to provide you the documents from Eco Lab, that proves that they have not find anything.

I noticed that you complained at 9:00 am, front office clerk offered you to change your room, but you denied saying you would like to check out, and not coming back. We are surrounded with 16 different hotels,but you decided to come back and stay with us again. If you were not satisfied with us you should of cancelled your second day reservation. Our cancellation policy is up to 3:00 pm.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel close to IAH airport. It's a little confusing to find if your driving there, but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy. It's close to many restaurants and all the car rental companies. The rooms have been remodeled as I have noticed with all red roof inn's I have stayed at recently, although the doors are a little weird and the keys especially. Hallways could be more colorful but hey, we're talking basics here. Customer service was excellent!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tonyjose
Hello Tony

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the IAH Houston Airport, TX Red Roof.

Tyler, TX
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place close to IAH for an 8 hour stay. This hotel fit the bill. Very close to the airport. Service was excellent. The price was right. It is not fancy. At all. But it was clean. Everything worked. The water was hot. The bed was reasonably comfortable. Walls were very thin. Breakfast was simple but good.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank austinmdpedi
Hello

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport. I didn't pay alot for the room(about $64.00) and I was pleased with my room for the price. The room was clean. There were plenty of towels and hot water with good water pressure. There was a coffee maker in my room. The Wifi was free and worked well. The front desk was working hard and you could tell they wanted to please. The shuttle was very useful and the shuttle drivers were all personable and knowledgeable about where to drop off around the airport and training centers around that area. The hotel is in walking distance of several restaurants. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. Remember the planes are flying over your hotel room. I slept well and it didn't bother me. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LoveTheSouth
Hello

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the IAH Houston Airport, TX Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.