“Hospitality outstanding, and especially accomodating for such a great price!”

Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport
Ranked #295 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Hospitality outstanding, and especially accomodating for such a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Have stayed in a number of hotels in Houston, and choose to stay here everytime i'm in town. The staff here outweighs other places i've stayed, especially Marsy and the staff on night shift. The rooms are accomodating each time i stayed, and location convienant to airport (w shuttle). So far no compaints, and would stay here again for such reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank careylsu
Zohra C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hello
Thank you for your response.I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team.
Positive guest feed back,like yours,is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.once again thanks for your positive feed back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Pros: The staff was super friendly -- I'll give them that. And the airport shuttle was convenient. Room was clean and the wifi worked well.

Cons: Phone did not work; TV remote did not work (until I reprogrammed it): AC was weak and took 3 hours to cool down the room: and the elevator was out of service.

It's one thing to "lack" amenities, it's quite another when the amenities don't work. Was inexpensive so I guess I should not expect the Ritz. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Edward S
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at IAH Red Roof inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation . please accept our sincerest apologies .I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the excellent Red Roof Downtown in San Antonio, and was disappointed. Overall, the impression was that it needs a refurb: the 2nd floor carpet was stained, and the rooms lacked the crispness and facilities so impressive in the San Antonio property.

Strip mall next door has a bar and a choice of so-so restaurants.

A note on getting there: If you need to take the U "tern" on JFK Boulevard suggested on the website, take the second, not the first, which is uncomfortably close to the hotel entrance, requiring drivers to cross a three lane highway virtually at right angles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Traveller10071
Zohra C, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation but just want to let you know this hotel has alot of traffic.The carpet stain is a coffe stains sometimes accident happen with guest we are in process to change a carpet by end of this year please accept my sincerest apologies i hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My first stay at Red Roof Inn and first things first the price was excellent and the bed was supremely comfortable. I just felt the hotel was in need of some maintenance as in a few things needed doing: There was no smoke detector in my room i could see into the roof and the wires hanging there, the metal shower handle fell to pieces in the morning and just missed my toes! Two lights were not working. the a/c clunked through the night as it roared into life when the room warmed up. The front desk ladies and drivers were all very pleasant. When i reached Houston Airport there was no way to call the hotel as they were not listed on the boards but the first driver said the name was called something else, so all in all confusing and if you do not have a local phone (as i did not) then not sure how you would get to the hotel using the free shuttle, by luck a small van pulled up as i was waiting and i jumped in. On balance i reflect on the price and the free wifi, free airport transfer and comfy bed make this a very doable stay near the airport, just hope someone in Maintenance gets to fixing the broken things i found and i suspect may also be in other rooms.

Room Tip: Just check when you get to your room things are working otherwise ask for another room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello

Thank you for putting this problem into our attention that occured during your stay to prevent any future occurrence i just want to let you know for next time there is a booth at the airport free of charge you can make a call from there and let us know you arrived
West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

First off I must say that I am giving this hotel three stars simply because of the excellent service from front desk staff member Marcy. Otherwise, my rating would quickly go from three stars to one, but as the title suggests you do get what you pay for in the long run.

I booked this hotel for an interview held at the airport, and not wanting to spend a fortune on a hotel in a city that I probably wouldn't be living in even if I get the post I chose Red Roof Inn. As it was the least expensive nearby hotel with reasonably decent reviews (???) I decided to give it a try. For quick reference the highlights (or low-lights as the case may be) are enumerated below:

1. Called for shuttle upon arrival, told they would be there within 15 minutes. One hour later had to call to check the status. Story? "We have a new driver and I guess he doesn't know what he's doing." Clearly...

2. Hour and a half later picked up by shuttle. Drive time to hotel? 5 minutes. The airport is big, but not THAT big. Had I known I would have taken a taxi.

3. Check in? FANTASTIC. At least that part was easy. Marcy at the front desk was wonderful, apologetic, helpful and in short, amazing. Gave me directions to nearby shops, offered all kinds of assistance, was just great. BUT - this doesn't make up for sitting at the airport for an hour and a half waiting for the shuttle.

4. Room: Broken off toilet seat, slight bit of mold around the shower stall, shampoo but no conditioner (not offered and not available). Coffee maker didn't work, thankfully however the continental breakfast starts at 6AM.

5. Television: Old analog, basic cable with about 15 channels. Showtime is available for an additional charge (I think).

6. Bed: Surprisingly comfortable, sufficient and clean. Functional alarm clock, plus wake-up call on time.

7. Continental Breakfast: Basic, sugary donuts and some sort of a pound cake looking thing, waffles, cereal, coffee. Ran out of tea bags by 7AM; no bagels, fruit, eggs, yoghurt, or anything remotely healthy but at least it's complimentary.

8. Shuttle back to airport: Runs every 30 minutes and is on time (unlike my arrival), efficient and reliable.

Long story short, it's not the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in, but it is by far lacking in many areas. Broken items in room, dirty-ish shower, unreliable shuttle service from airport to hotel - for one night for a cheap price I can recommend, but remember - you get what you pay for and for $70 total, that's what I got.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation please accept my sincerest apologies
i hope you will give us the opportunity to to better serve you in the near future.
Universal City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at red roof in june 2012 on my way to Grand Cayman. The rate was great plus the rooms were beautiful. I was very impressed for $60 a nite. Plus I left my car there for $3.00 a nite. They have a shuttle to and from the airport. They picked me up at midnite when I arrived. That is SERVICE!!.. I plan on staying there on my way to Cozumel. And just for the record, the water is a hundred times clearer in Cozumel than in Grand Cayman. Plus its not sooo expensive. I LOVE COZ!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Recently directed here due to a cancelled BA flight. Rooms are poor along with the facilities. Using the air conditioning in the room is very similar to having a diesel engine in your room. No room service, no real breakfast. In fact you should avoid this hotel if possible.

• Stayed June 2012
Hello I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occured during your stay to prevent any future occurrence
We appreciate your sharing and concern, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.