“Order the Chicken Marsala!”
Review of The Devine Affair

The Devine Affair
Reserve with OpenTable
The Devine Affair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #707 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N Kirkwood Rd
Houston
“Order the Chicken Marsala!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Three of us decided to try this place again (after not being thrilled with it when it first opened). THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! I am thrilled this neighborhood place is under new management. She (the new owner) is friendly and knowledgeable. Our nice waiter suggested the Chicken Marsala to me after I inquired about several entrees. I am so glad he recommended it. PLEASE ORDER THE CHICKEN MARSALA. I can't wait to return.

P.S. I told my friend about our wonderful dinner the next day and they decided to try it that evening.

• Visited December 2012

Houston
“Neighborhood Treasure”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I took my elderly girlfriend here for a late, birthday lunch. We were immediately impressed by the pleasant decor. It had a European feel with nice appointments. Oddly though, there was only a small section of tables with tablecloths. The rest of the tables were nice, but bare. Our waiter was Ernie, and he was very attentive, just enough attention not to be intrusive. Lunch service ended at 2 PM, so we order from the dinner menu. The menu was extensive and would seem to have something for everyone. Ernie volunteered that the chef could easily make a vegetarian or gluten free meal if desired. They regularly carry gf pasta. I had the grilled shrimp with vegetable risotto. The shrimp were tasty, and perfectly cooked. The risotto was also enjoyable with Parmesan shavings on top. My girlfriend had eggplant parmesan, and she seemed to equally as pleased. All of their of their desserts are made in house, and my girlfriend chose the chocolate mousse cake. They decorated the plate with a birthday greeting, and the serving was large enough to easily share. We were very happy with this find, and we will be glad to return. My only criticism would be a better quality bread. What they served was good, but it could have been better.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Very good food, service not so good”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had lunch with a small group of friends. The restaurant was quiet so we could talk, the food was very good, but the service was not so good. I would return for the food, and hope the service would improve.

• Visited November 2012
“Pleasant discovery”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Came for lunch as last minute decision. Turned out to be a great choice. Looking forward to coming back for dinner and really checking it out, but do far first impression is very positive.

Houston, Texas
“Quiet and elegant neighborhood place”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I could love this place. The evening we were there, it was quiet and we could carry on a conversation without needing to yell. The menu had some interesting dishes ... nothing extraordinary, but not plain either. We heard that the restaurant had just changed hands, and I hope - sincerely hope - that they don't ruin it by turning it into some noisy, crowded, rushed restaurant/wine bar.

• Visited June 2012