“So unique!”

Natachee's Supper 'n Punch
Ranked #718 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“So unique!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is all about ambiance. It has such a cool vibe. Trivial pursuit cards on the table, Bonanza on the TV, and 1950s-1960s music. Plus the food is delicious! I had "yankee mac" which is mac n' cheese with chili on top because it was a rainy day and every bite was delicious.

Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Sanford and Son's Vibe. Cool Place. Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went for brunch one day before we planned on going to the Museum. The atmosphere was great... The food was just ok...nothing special...But the Drinks were cheap and good

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Elie B
Texas
“Great Food and Atmosphere if You Have Time_DvB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Natachee’s offers a modern Southern food selection that is filling, flavorful, and fairly priced. On my two visits, the televisions were airing episodes of the original Hawaii-Five-O (Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett) and other classic programming.

On my first visit the service was slightly delayed, but the restaurant was crowded. Peak lunch time traffic excused the minor tardiness compared to sit-down chain restaurants. The food more than made up for the wait as it vastly surpassed the usual chain fare. Both visits I ordered the chicken blt with the fried rather than grilled breast of chicken centering this heaping portion of sandwich superiority. The fries were very good, but not especially better than any other decent place to eat.

My second visit deviated only with the length of time it took our waitress to come around each time. The food was just as delicious and the atmosphere as conducive to lunch-time conversation and unwinding. Had our group been hourly workers though, we would have either had to take food to-go or risk reprimand.

Both occasions saw friendly servers with laid back demeanor. It seems like a popular spot for young professionals at downtown businesses to head out in groups for a scenery shift. The tables are close, but not uncomfortably so, and the ambient volume is a pleasant murmur so that on voice isn’t carrying over others and conversational tone is sufficient to share workplace stories or weekend recaps.

I foresee many more trips to enjoy this food and atmosphere, and will simply allocate more time for the casual service speed.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Service so bad, we didn't get to try the food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Tried to go to Natachee's on a Fri night for some food and a few drinks before a soccer match. We'd allowed about 75 mins, which we thought would be long enough, as the place was less than half full, and we advised them when we went in that we were in a bit of a rush. It took about 5 mins for them to come over and finally seat us. We were then told that they'd bring us over a menu "when they could find a free one" - I've never been anywhere that doesn't have enough menus, as you'd think it was quite a basic requirement for a restaurant. After about 20 mins of trying to get anyone's attention, we finally got up from our table and walked over to where a member of staff was and asked about ordering drinks. 5 mins later, she came to take the order. 15 mins later she brought over the drinks and a menu (1 between 5 of us!), and about 30 seconds later asked if we were ready to order - give us a chance to read the thing please! Unfortunately, when she said she'd be back in 2 mins to take our order, she meant 10 mins, so by the time she came back we only had about 20 mins before we had to go, and clearly we weren't going to get our food in time, so we just asked for the bill (which came quickly enough....) and went somewhere else to grab something quick. Very disappointed, and won't be going back to sample the food at any point.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank travels_ahoy
Austin, Texas
“Old School Fun in Downtown Houston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was recently in Houston with my family for the weekend, we were meeting some friends who live downtown for a late Sunday breakfast before heading out of town. They suggested Natachee's, we had no idea what it was but I'm glad they picked that place.

There is a pretty extensive menu of comfort foods, since we were there at 10 a.m. we didn't get to sample them. But the breakfast food was definitely comforting, and everyone in our party enjoyed the meal. I had the biscuits and gravy with eggs, the gravy had some seasoning in it (it was orangish rather than white) and was delicious. I also sampled some of my kids' pancakes (which were good), had some of the fruit from my wife's overflowing fruit bowl, and sampled a bite of the breakfast sliders (quite spicy with the jalapenos). All in all, it was really good food.

The place started to fill up as we were there, and we noticed a growing lag in the time it took our server to make it back to our table. But all the servers were very friendly and accommodating of the multiple kids in our group, and most of the folks in the place seemed to be there to enjoy a lazy Sunday rather than to get their food quickly and run out again.

There are two real jewels at Natachee's. The first is the "punch" in their "Supper 'n Punch" name. They have a number of specialty punches (and also very good bloody mary's to start your weekend), I tried the Triple Dog Dare Punch and thought it was great. The other is the outside area. They have a great (small) stage for live music, and a couple fenced-in areas where kids can play (including a nice sandbox area). It wasn't particularly hot (yet) when we were there, but there were several shade trees providing some relief from the 80 degree temps and humidity.

I would recommend Natachee's to folks looking for some decent, honest cooking and for folks who are looking to enjoy themselves and relax in an environment where kids can also roam freely and safely. I will definitely try to get back there on my next trip to Houston

• Visited April 2013