“Not so much”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ok so I've been reading the city's best in the Houston Press so I been trying a few of these spots that were highly rated. The extra star is for the random drum and accordion player who showed up and ran around playing music for a few minutes then ran out the back door lol. I went for dinner/drinks. Sat at the bar. To be sitting directly at the bar with 2 bartenders behind, it could have been better. Wasn't too bad but it wasn't good. Tried whatever the blue punch is, supposed to be like a long island,, and according to the bartender the strongest of their punches. I'll have to beg to differ. Didn't feel a thing after drinking that thing on an empty stomach. So on to why my stomach was still empty

Ordered the chicken friend chicken(gravy on the side please) with mashed potatoes(gravy on the side pls) and mac and cheese. Of course I got a plate with a mound of gravy on the chicken and mashed potatoes. Wasn't even sure where the chicken was it was so much gravy. Mentioned it to the bartender. "oh do you want me to send it back"? Well yeah, this is exactly why I asked for it on the side after seeing the guy next to me with a plate of overflowing gravy. Just too much for me.

So got my dinner another 10-15 min later. Chicken fried chicken was nice and crispy. That gravy, It didn't taste like anything to me to be honest. Not flavorful at all. Anytime I have to add salt/pepper to food already prepared it just ain't right. Mac and cheese had to be kraft. Not even as good as Velveetas out the box. I'm not a great cook by far but mine is better than this crap. Mashed potatoes were ok. Forgettable. I would just get the chicken again to go and make my own gravy. Theirs is no way worth the calories your body is ingesting.

One star for the food, one star for the cool austin like atmosphere and1 for the band. I prob won't be back.

1  Thank davissummer24
There are newer reviews for Natachee's Supper 'n Punch

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our first visit to Natachee's was stellar. The waitress as great, the food was amazing. Our second visit as a far cry from the first.

We had 8 people both visits. The first visit was about 1 on a saturday afternoon, and the business was average for that time of day. Got great service and food that day. 3 weeks later we returned, hoping for the same type of experience.
The most recent visit we arrived on Sunday around noon. They werent packed, and there as no wait for a table, but since it was so nice, we sat outside on the patio. Our waitress arrived and took our drink orders. She brought the drinks and began to take our food orders. This is when the visit began to turn south. Our waitress takes about half of the orders, then interrupts the 5th person in our party while she is placing her food order, to YELL at another waitress to tell a 3rd waitress to attend to a table with a large amount of guests inside, she will not be able to get to them now. .!?!?! I'm sorry, we didnt realize our pesky need for placing a food order was interrupting her! We were all pretty shocked. I placed my order for a yankee chili mac, and requested the chili and the mac and cheese be placed in bowls seperately so I could add them together as I wanted. The first visit, i requested this and the waitress said it was not a problem, and frequently requested. This visit, however, our waitress quipped, " they can't do that, it's already made like that in the kitchen." i did not protest, and just figured she was too busy for that. However, I don't appreciate being lied to as if I was too stupid to know better. I still requested the chli mac. We also placed an appetizer order. We chatted and passed the time till we were All out of beverages and noticed about 20 minutes had gone by since our app order was placed. Waitress is nowhere in sight. Another 10 minutes goes by and the waitress comes back in a huff, slamming her order pad out onto the book, then asks who wanted drink refills. Um....ok. She takes the bar drink orders, then comes back with water and fills one of the girls empty glass of sweet tea up with water. The girl tells her the beverage was wrong, and gives the cup to her as the drink was now a mix. The girl requests a different drink. We inquired about our appetizer and our waitress tells us that she has no idea where it is at, and once she puts the prder into the computer, she has no control over how quickly the food arrives. Its allup to the kitchen. Really? Out of 8 people she really beleives none of us have ever waited tables before? Come on. So the appetizer arrives 45 minutes after we placed it. Then the food arrives after the app was finished and not all of it comes out. The rest of the food arrives, and we have no silverware, the drinks are empty, the plates were mostly missing things like sides or bread/bisquits. When the rest arrives, we were very frustrated but ate anyway. My corn was not delicious and even had a suspicious taste. The chili mac was 90% chili, 10% mac and cheese, and I am not exaggerating. One girl ordered a breakfast and the gravy was cold (maybe from waiting for silverware?) another was missing the bread for her food. Then as expected, it got worse. One of the bar drinks had a foil wrapper that had been crumpled for garbage floating in the drink! It looked like a gum wrapper or something, point is, that it was not part of the drink ingredients. Once again waitress is nowhere to be found. We flag down another waitress, apologize for bothering her, and tell her about the drink, requesting a new one. Waitress humbly takes the drink back. Moments later our waitress returns in more of a huff, does not apologize, and asks immediately who's drink it belonged to and what she was eating. (shouldnt she know that?) she leaves to what we assume is to credit the dinner and drink on the check. Not one apology. No explanation. And even though a new drink arrives, one of the members of our group decided enough was enough, and went to speak with a manager. Whe the girl returns to the table, she says she spoke with the manager, went to the restroom, only to overhear as she returned to the table, our waitress and manager speaking on the matter, & our waitress dismissing the complaint as we were lying! Unbeleivable! I would not have beleived her, but the manager NEVER came to the table to apologize, or make it right. One top of that, our waitress charged the girl whos drink of sweet tea she mistakenly filled with water and had to bring a different drink, for 2 drinks!

The waitress was smart enough to include gratuity in our checks, because our satisfaction with the service would have definitely been reflected in our tips. If we wanted to be treated like dirt, we could have eaten at Dick's Last Resort, at least they are funny when they treat you like crap. We come to Houston about once a month for work so our lunch meal before we leave town is our moment to relax and enjoy each other's company before our roadtrip back home. natachee's has failed us as a regular eatery. We won't be back.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I went there for a romantic evening. It was so elegant and they treated you quite special.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Food was excellent everyone in our very large group enjoyed their food very much. However when we arrived and advised how may were coming a table for 4 less than our group was set up, when the remaining members of the party showed up two of the waitress got an attitude and did nothing to hide it then we had to for ourself add a table. I'd like to add that it was NOT our waitress who got the attitude. Our waitress did a wonderful job of getting the orders correct, with just a little trouble in remembering who had which meal. After dinner as we were moving to the very large outdoor sitting area we got dirty looks and additional attitude from the same two waitress who had no contact with our group.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great, home cooked comfort foods. The atmosphere is funky as this is part of a rockabilly/hipster block of main street. There is also a beauty shop and concert hall near by. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful.