“Great Wine Bar and Outstanding Restaurant”
Review of Philippe Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Philippe Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: San Felipe
Houston, Texas
“Great Wine Bar and Outstanding Restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The wine bar downstairs is so much fun and they have a very good menu of wines by the glass. Go upstairs to the French restaurant with a Texas twist. Try the short ribs with the mac and cheese. It's one of my favorites.

Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Authentic French Taste - Fresh Ingredients”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went for lunch during Restaurant Weeks this year with a few coworkers. The food was awsome - we all ordered the seafood risotta - creamy, rich, and delicious. We did all order different appetizers - I had a vegetable terrine that was delicate and light. I also had the Ile Flottante for desert and it was to die for. The waitress was even sweet enough to bring an extra apple tarte to the table because we had such a hard time choosing the desert. Service was attentive but not annoying.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Much better than RDG!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This place has been opened for several months, but up until last night my husband and I tried it.
Pros:
- complementary valet service
- great food. Very well presented and tasty.
- great selection of wines by the glass.
- super nice, modern, stylish atmosphere.
Cons:
NONE

I am so glad we found this place as I spend a lot of time in that area. I used to go to RDG but their food can not even compare to Phillipe's. RDG is just about the atmosphere and that is it.

Houston, Texas
“One of the Best Restaurants in Houston”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We sampled Philippe as part of HRW, and were blown away. The ambiance is comfortably modern, soft tones and materials, but nice accents. Melony provided excellent, delightful service , which was efficient without being intrusive. We each had separate choices on the 3 course menu, and all were superb with ample portions, no reduced size HRW portions. This definitely is one of the best dining places in Houston. We will be returning for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a great addition to Houston dining. I started with crab and avacado salad -- hard to screw up admittedly, but done well with a nice presentation. My monkfish was excellent and I tried some scallops too, and they were great.

• Visited July 2012