“Gorgeous setting”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drexel
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place has great decor and city views. Several friends went here for lunch during Houston Restaurant Month so we ordered off of the special menu so that $3 of every order was donated to the Houston Food Bank. All of us ordered the asparagus soup which was pretty good. Some got the fish and said they enjoyed it (very small portion). Some of us got the short ribs which were very tender and pretty good. We ordered the various brulees for dessert and were happy with those. What really stood out was the service. Our glasses never got near empty and were filled frequently. The manager came by several times to check on our progress. Nice touch!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Another success for Houston Restaurant week! Lunch today at Up was delightful for all your senses. Perched 3 floors up over looking Highland Village on Westheimer, the floor to ceiling windows created the perfect view. The waitstaff was very attentative and friendly. The HRW menu had a variety for everyone's taste - The spicy humus with cracked pepper crackers was tasty. 1 st course was a choice of 2 soups or salad. The asparagus soup was creamy and filled with asapargus. The mixed green salad with cranberries & citrix rind was refreshing. 2nd course - Half the guests ordered the red fish with fingerling potatoes in a light lemon sauce - fresh, light and melted in your mouth. The others ordered the thrice cooked short ribs in a rich sauce, served with grilled vegetables - the ribs were so tender, no knife was needed. The horseradish sauce was fantastic. We all had the infamous french macaroons for dessert - salted caramel, chocolate, lemon and rose - - chocolate & lemon were the best. The food and service was so impressive, we have already made dinner reservations!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I dont understand who is running this restaurant but i beg you to close your doors. The feel of the restaurant is amazing, you feel like you are in New York! I know the owner of the restaurant also owns the Highland Village shopping complex so koodos to him for being rich and spending so much money on build out and decor, but unfortunately his taste in food is very poor! Quality of food has fallen so much that some of those cooks should be working at a Mexican taqueria making beans and rice! My friend ordered the Seafood Canneloni which looked like canned tuna wrapped in dough and covered with melted cheese slices on a bed of canned tomato puree. I ordered the Loster Roll, the lobster was chewy and looked old as if it was over boiled and sat in the fridge for days. It came with fried potato chips that were cold, greasy, and stale! I will never eat there again!! I left there with a sick feeling in my stomach! My advice to them is to give it up! I felt like i was in a communist country, dining in a government owned establishment! Horrible!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We love Houston Restaurant Week and started tonight with Up restaurant. The atmosphere was top class, and the views from third floor of Galleria or downtown were impressive. The food and service was perfect! I think we made a wise choice having this meal on a Thursday night at the beginning of August. We did not feel rushed, and the food arrived exactly when we were ready for each course.

The pre-set restaurant week menu offered a good variety. I wanted to try the brussel sprouts for appetizer, but they are only offered on the lunch menu for Restaurant Week.

My husband ordered the asparagus soup for appetizer, and I wish I had too. My dinner salad was good, but predictable. His soup was spectacular! My entree was the short ribs, and they were the best I have ever had. So tender and the flavors were superb!

We both chose the Creme Brulee for desert and I enjoyed that light sweet taste.

I hope to visit again and would highly recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a small party that nibbled on oven roasted brussel sprouts. Great service and food with some nice views of downtown and the nearby Galleria area.