“Very nice restuarant, but the bill can add up!”
Review of Tango & Malbec

Tango & Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Tango & Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Alabama
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently ate at this restaurant for the second time, having dined here once before about a year ago. The food is very good and artfully prepared, but like all expensive restaurants, you spend more time admiring the artistry of the preparation than eating it, because the portions are quite small considering the very high prices. It is very easy to spend $60 - $80 for a main course and a salad or soup. My companion of the evening ordered us some red wine by the glass. The wine was excellent, but the price was steep - $15/glass. My friend had one of the steaks that the waiter presented to us, and I had the wild boar rack. Both of us very much enjoyed the wonderful flavor of our dishes, which were prepared in such a way the unique flavors and aromas filled our palates and nostrils. They were delicious! I had the soup of the day for a starter, which was a very tasty vegetable something-or-other soup that seemed to have a lot of fat to my taste. A little bit too much. For dessert I tried the Key Lime pie, which actually wasn't that good. I have had Key Lime pie since I was a little girl living on Plantation Key in Florida, and have had and made my own pie for decades. The pie here was serviceable, but nowhere as good as I might have expected given the quality of the rest of the meal.

I was very happy that I did not have to pick up the tab for this meal, as the bill was a bit under $200 for the two of us with tip!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went here on Father's Day, and it was great! If you like Malbecs, this is the place for you. They had at least 50 on the menu! Our waiter, Robert, was great and was good with kids. He was very knowledgeable about the food and wine. There was nice, live music. Will come back!

1  Thank Lyssa H
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The atmosphere was beautiful and the tango dancing was a treat. The food was very good. The noise level was a little too much for 6 people at a round table. There seem to be booths in the front that would have been quieter, but they were only for 4 people. We have the sweet breads, tongue, and a grass fed steak from Uruguay. All were very tasty.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were staying at the Galleria Courtyard and wanted a restaurant within walking distance. So I used Tripadvisor, proving again that I can rely on these reviews. My party tried a variety of dishes including chicken, wild boar and seafood. Everyone thought that the food was very good. I had the Wild Boar chops and they were perfectly cooked over a wood grill. The only complaint was the service. It was good but on the slow side. We will return.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Little can be said because of the miserable waiters and bar staff. Food is good and cooked over a wood burning grill, the drinks are plentiful and variable but can be slightly on the dear side. Once again do not expect the flavour of Latin America, that is if they are miserable all well and good.