“Not What I expected”
Review of Tango & Malbec

Tango & Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Tango & Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Alabama
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was visiting my gran daughter at thanksgiving and was staying at the Embassy Suites, so I took everyone toTango and Malbec. My ribeye was a little over cooked and kind of tough, but eatable, certainly not worth the price. Every one else thought it was ok, but one young man reported that he got sick when he got home. I won't go back, which is sad because I love Argentina and the food!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food was delicious and very flavorful. Definitely a great place for a date night. The atmosphere and service was very welcoming and comfortable. They also have an extensive wine list featuring all South American wines so definitely get a bottle of Malbec.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Interior of Restaurant so well thought out. Identification on Women & Men's Restroom Brilliant...
Our waiter original from Venezuela was a real Pro. Empanadas were delicious. The Chimichurri sauce was the best I have ever tasted. Not overwhelming with any of their ingredients, which is easy to do. Salchicas grilled to perfection!
Would return on a Saturday night to watch Tango Show.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We go to Tango as often as we can and always enjoy it.

This time we had the sausage and sweet breads for starters and they were outstanding. Flavorful and fresh.

We split and really enjoyed the wild boar rack. It was cooked exactly the way we asked and it was GREAT. For those of you that like boar, this was one of the best we ever had.You get three chops were are just right for two people if you have a few starters, which is what we always do.

If you like a nice Malbec, don't miss their own label - Rio de la Plata. Well priced and very nice.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to this restaurant while in Houston and loved the service, food and atmosphere. We were welcomed when arriving and treated extremely special. It was a wonderful evening and the manager recommended a wine for us, which was a lower cost then what we stated we wanted to pay. Usually staff will recommend a more expensive wine, but not here. The wine was amazing. I've never written a review before but Tango and Malbec deserve this. I do recommend reservations as we had them and the restaurant was full. The dancers and musicans were a great add on to a wonderful evening.
Lisa from Canada