“The Best Aged New York Steak Ever”
Review of Tango & Malbec

Tango & Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Tango & Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Alabama
Reviewed November 10, 2013

So we finally decided to try this place since it's close to our house. We stopped by for an afternoon drink & apps & decided to make reservations for dinner since the apps & service were so good. So long story short, we loved the experience. The Tango, the crowd, the service & honestly the steak was ridiculously good. As a matter of fact I woke up the next day with wanting to eat there again but I held back. BTW, ask for a side of Argentinian potato salad with your steak. Nuff said. Loved it....

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I have dined here twice, and have enjoyed the meals very much both times...!!!!

It's across the Galleria Mall on the southwest corner of Sage & Alabama...

Great meal along with very good service and ambiance. You need to take your time here and enjoy the meal as we did. Waiter was great, explained the menu, was very attentive to our needs.

I had a pasta dish, and was very~very happy, my wife had the lunch special, cost about $20+, and she was very happy, thus we went back the following Friday.....

Great Menu, Great Wine list, Great Service, and of course, Great Argentinian Hospitality....

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I enjoyed a meal at Tango and Malbec while on holiday recently in the US. The service was excellent, our server was really helpful with the menu and selected an excellent, and extremely reasonably priced at $30, bottle of Malbec "Rutini" 2009. The warm bread, chips and herb dip were good - nice change from bread and butter! We shared the crab fingers to start and they literally melted in the mouth, delicious! I had the swordfish and my boyfriend had the New York strip for main, both were really good, the steak cooked perfectly. Both were served with a side of veg/asparagus - had we not had the bread and starter I would have been a little disappointed and would recommend ordering an extra side dish if only having an entree. The bill came to just over $100 (excl. tip). I really enjoyed my evening and would recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

After check in at Embassy Suites and a few drinks at the bar.
Bartender recommended us to try "Tango&Malbec" just across the street.
Tango&Malbec is a really great restaurant with a great menu and winelist.
We had a great steak with a good redwine.
Staff at "Tango&Malbec" is carring for their guests too.
This was the perfect end of great day.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wonderful, attentive wait staff as well. We were there for a business dinner.
Dinners were pre fixe and delicious.
Steaks were perfectly cooked (grilled) and very tasty.
The coconut flan was delicious.