“Tre magnefique!”
Review of Tango & Malbec

Tango & Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Tango & Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Alabama
Reviewed December 8, 2012

By work buddies brought me here and it was delicious even if the plate was like $20 for my plate alone. It was worth it and will most likely come back soon. i tried that strawberry salad with some sausage with a dash of HOT chipotle salsa! HOT =)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had dinner here the night before Thanksgiving with 6 others, half teenagers and half adults. We were presented a rolling cart of their finest meat, to entice us to order the expensive cut. I already felt uncomfortable with the waiter. He seemed to be pushing us. That is what happened. They served us meat we did not order and charged us for it. They did not like my comments and served my entrée with my mashed potatoes mixed up with the salad. The meat they served us ($114 for one piece) was half fat. We were totally ripped off! Beware!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is one of my best restaurant experiences. Excellent food, atmosphere and service. Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Easily seated in nice private booth (without reservation) on a Sunday evening. Ambiance is excellent and is the star here. Soft, dark lighting with predominant blacks and reds with brick wall with view window into kitchen.

Attentive service, water glass was constantly being filled and dishes taken from table within a minute or two after food eaten. Manager, or maybe he was the sommelier, was friendly but excused himself very quickly after learning that we didn't plan to purchase a pricey bottle of wine. Wine list is extensive. Nice wide range in prices, and I was pleased to see plenty of reasonably priced ($8-$15) wines by the glass.

Our server was excellent. Timing and flow of the meal was perfect. The food was really good but not memorable. Our table ordered a few of their salads, which were fresh and tasty. Menu includes a huge list of meat items (including buffalo, wild boar, other unique items), we had a lobster tail and dry-aged NY strip steak. Both cooked appropriately. The steak was flavorful, as expected, though not as seasoned and not as tender as expected. Prices seemed decent for finer dining.

While the food wasn't absolute top-notch, the ambiance, good service, and 'novelty' (unique menu items, Argentinean styles, etc) make it a worthwhile restaurant to visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Easy to get, easy parking, vry friendly personnel, nice environment, quality of beef was excellent. Nice entrees, great desserts. Definetely will return.