“Very nice retro restaurant”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westheimer Rd
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Reminds me of a 80's restaurant with plush buttoned sofas and a sweeping bar. Food is very good and the bar food is good too. The atmosphere is what makes Eddie V's as it reminds me of 1980's Houston with lots of happy people around a large bar. Good fun and worth a visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Delicious food, excellent service. Ordered a steak medium well and was still tender and juicy--unusual.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Eight in a private room. The food was great. Soft shell crab was super and Tasmanian salmon was over the top. Sides were very good. We got mac and cheese and green stuff. Waiter was snooty but not horrible. Way too much arm candy teetering in heels. Would go again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday, and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish! We had reservations at 8:00 pm on a Saturday night and were seated promptly by a friendly hostess. Our waiter was terrific and did an excellent job recommending items that both he liked and believed we would enjoy from the menu.

We had the calamari to share to begin with (our absolute favorite appetizer at every Eddie V's we have been to), and it is an absolute must when dining here! For entrees my husband had the "surf & turf" of filet mignon and shrimp, and I had twin lobster tails. Both were excellent! The steak was cooked perfectly, and the shrimp were not rubbery but cooked to just the right tenderness. The lobster tails were delicious, and as a big fan of cocktail sauce, I found it to be the perfect accompaniment for the sweet meat. We also shared the truffled mac & cheese and broccolini, trying to have both a sinful and healthy balance to our meal. :)

The mojitos are great, and the wine list extensive, this is definitely a place to go for a celebratory night out, or just to enjoy drinks and appetizers in the V Lounge while listening to some good music. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Katie K
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since we just spent a week in France, I should have known I would be disappointed. The waiters were pleasant and helpful, but not well trained. They did not notice when we needed more bread, when the wine bottle was empty, or advise us that our main courses would not have a bite of vegetable on the plates. My husband told me that his lobster bisque was fairly tasteless, and his redfish no where near as good as we have at home. Our friends did not make one comment about their food. One said that the wine was good. It was, and it was marked up 3.5-4 times what we buy it for.