“I expected more”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westheimer Rd
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since we just spent a week in France, I should have known I would be disappointed. The waiters were pleasant and helpful, but not well trained. They did not notice when we needed more bread, when the wine bottle was empty, or advise us that our main courses would not have a bite of vegetable on the plates. My husband told me that his lobster bisque was fairly tasteless, and his redfish no where near as good as we have at home. Our friends did not make one comment about their food. One said that the wine was good. It was, and it was marked up 3.5-4 times what we buy it for.

There are newer reviews for Eddie V's Prime Seafood

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went to Eddie V's for a business dinner. The appetizers were yummy; particularly the crab cakes. The steaks were standard upscale steakhouse fare. The price is decent for the quality of the food and service. Our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. The location is terrific.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

There's a lot to like about Eddie V's on West Ave! I'll start with the location. You can't ask for a better spot than where they're located on Kirby in the River Oaks/West University area. I work in Greenway Plaza so this spot suits me well as it's only a hop, skip, and a jump away from me (though I'm not going to lie, they could have better parking as I don't always like to valet). When you walk inside, the place has a very elegant ambiance to it, definitely classy and upscale, from the way the workers dress to the layout and décor of the restaurant itself. Once you sit at the table, prepare your mouth to be amazed with the excellence worked into their savory seafood dishes! I pretty much love a lot of their dishes but my favorite is the Crab Cake! I can always tell a good seafood restaurant by the way they prepare the crab cakes (that's where I set the bar) and theirs is GREAT! Grab a drink, relax, and enjoy the atmosphere... You won't be disappointed! Oh, only downside to me, they're only open for dinner... they need to open for Lunch!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife decided on Eddie V's for her birthday. We had been there before and enjoyed the experience. I let the restaurant know it was her birthday and they were wonderful. They wished her a happy birthday and even gave her a card signed by the staff. The meal took our visit to a new high. We started with the lobster taco's and they were amazing. My wife had the crab cakes and they we awesome, she could not believe how good they were. My meal was also great with just the amount of food. The truffle mac & cheese is a MUST side, everything is better with truffle.
If you have a special event and are in Houston, Eddie V's has to be on the top if the list.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of twenty people. Everyone raved about the food. I had the Atlantic Sole. It was one of the best I have ever had. Will definitely go back if I am in Houston.