“Food, service, ambiance terrific”
Review of Bistro des Amis - CLOSED

Bistro des Amis
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morningside Drive
Transit: http://www.google.com/maps/place?ftid=0x8640c05d61875d1d:0xf445ae0ee6896486&q=type:transit_station:%22University+Blvd+%40+Morningside+Dr%22&ved=0CGoQgQUwAA&sa=X&ei=n44QTOXTFZPIyQT32_XlAQ
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A really delightful little French bistro in the Rice Village area. The menu is quite classic country French including escargot, French onion soup, beef bourguignon. We sat on their charming patio listening to a duo singing soft French ballads. It was, admittedly, a perfect patio night in Houston. The service was just right and our meal was beyond delicious. We had the cassoulet with duck confit......out of this world and plenty to share with leftovers for home. They also offer byob with a modest $8.50 corkage. We are anxious to go back and try some of their other classic dishes......and next time we'll save room for dessert!

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Without fail, each time I dine here, the owner goes out of his way to make it a special experience. The menu covers all of the French bistro hallmarks, including a decadent cassoulet that is worth the trip.

Wine selection is diverse and exciting, and covers a wide range of prices and tastes.

When in Houston, I always make it a point to dine here. The authenticity of the food and the human touch of the staff are simply too good to pass up!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I hosted a birthday party for my Mom in a private dinning room. Matt and Kayla could not have been more helpful planning the menu and the party. The food was enjoyed by all 11 attendees from teen to 80+. We felt well cared for.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here for lunch with a friend. Very charming and quaint. That is, until our waitress arrived. She was very short and seemed impatient. When we had questions about the menu, she could not give any answers regarding what certain things were. Took 40 minutes for our lunch (sandwiches) to arrive. Mine was not at all like what was described on the menu. When I asked the waitress, she told me the kitchen must have run out of certain items. I asked her why she had not informed us of that during the 40 minute wait so I could have chosen an alternate menu item. She shrugged and said she didn't know. Will not be back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Quaint little bistro lacking a warm service. The food was nothing to really remember and the two young women serving seemed to be on their first day of work. One of my plates was a bit dirty and I left there feeling I wish I could have that one hour and 45 minutes back. Maybe it was a bad day and I'd love to give them another chance, but I'm still thinking about it.