“Great Room and Super Staff”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #11 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for my birthday weekend, we got a suite and I'awesome and the view was super (19th Floor).
Tim at the bell staff took good care of us as we needed to go to the City Center for dinner. Transportation was nice since we are going to be out late.

Stephanie who took care of our reservations out did herself. THANK YOU!!!

Great Hotel and Super Service.

Room Tip: Pay parking or Valet only.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Greetings; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! We do get a great deal of positive comments about the hotel. I will share your comments with our staff - they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate their service.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here for a night on a family trip to Houston. Very nice and up to date rooms. Bathrooms are spacious with soft towels. It's right next to the I-10 Freeway but very quiet inside the rooms. Rooms are spacious. We slept 4 comfortably. Wifi provided with no added charge and up to six devices allowed per room. Well outfitted as a business hotel as well with a very functional desk area with easily accessed electrical outlets. The hotel is connected by a skywalk to the Memorial Mall across the street. Would recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank steveprez
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

It sounds like you had a successful trip, and I was pleased to hear that we were able to play a part in that! Our top priority is to ensure that all of our guests, whether here for business or pleasure, feel comfortable and well taken care of. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stay at the Westin frequently for business and I always have a nice stay. I have been in a few different rooms as I have sometimes been upgraded to a suite and even once to their residence suite which was more like a one bedroom apartment and amazing. All of the rooms have been nice though. The restaurant and bar are good as well, they have a buffet breakfast. They got rid of the club lounge which was a little disappointing.
They have a nice fitness center and a great infinity pool and got tub on the 17th floor. Even though it overlooks the highway it is nice to relax in the evening especially in the hot tub.
Hotel is within walking distance to the mall so if you have some free time it is a good place to just walk around and kill some time.
Also can take the hotel shuttle to the Taste of Texas for a great steak meal.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room on the 16th floor under the pool, you can hear the water!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank uraqc
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Greetings; Thank you for your compliments to our hotel! The hotel does indeed have a great location and offers many amenities, including the Heavenly Beds, Westin Workout, and Infinity Pool, in order to ensure that our guests receive the very best experience during their visit with us. We are passionate about making sure each one of our guests feels comfortable and well taken care of, and we are always pleased to hear that we were able to accomplish that. We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed 10 nights around the MTS Conference this month. This is my second stay and the facilities are excellent both from a conference point of view and staying as a guest. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite during this stay and it is was very well appointed. The staff are always friendly and helpfull. Of course it isnt cheap ($300 per night without food) but I guess it's the going rate for a business-centric hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank john_ramsey_1962
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just a quick review from a non-guest. I did not actually stay at the hotel but felt my experience needed to be shared. I was set to deliver my baby at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital which is connected (and I mean, you don't have to go outside to get from one to the other) to the Westin Hotel. 4 days before my due date by baby went from a deliverable position to a transverse breech position which requires a c-section. I was immediately scheduled for a c-section at 7:30am 4 days later, with a pre-op arrival time of 5:30am. After discussing with my husband and realizing we were looking at waking up at 4:30am we decided a stay at the hotel would be the best option. 2 days before the surgery I called the Westin to book a room for myself and my husband for the evening before the surgery. I was told the hotel was at capacity and they did not have a small block of rooms for emergency hospital patients. Apparently the hotel was filled for an oil and gas convention or seminar somewhere in town. Not only was the gentleman at the front desk un-empathetic, he also was unwilling to see what could be done to help, forcing me to ask for a manager. The female manager I spoke with was much more understanding but still said there was nothing she could do personally and would have her director call me in the early morning to see if he could oversell the hotel one room, one night for us so we did not have to wake up at 4:30am and drive to the hospital for my last minute c-section. Did I ever hear from him? No I did not. I will be discussing all of this with the hospital to make sure they understand that the Westin does NOT give favor to Hospital patients even though the hospital recommends the hotel frequently. Why would Starwood/Westin build their hotel directly next to and also connect it to the hospital if they were not going to affiliate with the hospital or at least save a small block of rooms for emergency situations? I am going to emplore the hospital to stop recommending the Westin because the Westin is doing nothing to facilitate that relationship.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JointheHumaneSociety
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Greetings; Thank you for the comments, I sincerely do apologize that the hotel was not able to accommodate your last minute request for a guestroom. We have a very strong working relationship with Memorial Hermann and do work closely with them to accommodate their patients when they are visiting the Memorial City Medical Campus. It is evident by your comments that we should have done a much better job in our follow up with you and for that I sincerely do apologize, I was however pleased to read that our Manager on Duty did exhibit a great deal of empathy & understanding for your unique situation. The hotel receives a great many compliments about our service levels; I can assure you that this recent mis-step on our part does not in any way reflect the levels of service that we customarily deliver to our guests on a daily basis. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to stay at the hotel at some point in the near future and experience the hotel and the service levels for yourself.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean, and the rooms have high quality features. We stayed here for a week for a local event. It's a great location across from a mall with an adjoining skywalk. The bar atmosphere seemed cold & sterile. Prices were high & service was poor, although they were very busy. The restaurant was over priced & there weren't many choices. Might be ok for a night, but not for an extended stay. Service was ok but not very friendly. I called the front desk 1 night to see if the gift shop was still open for a snack. They said it was, but when I arrived down stairs it was locked, 5 minutes before their posted time. We don't choose or pay for our rooms, so not sure about the value. Starwood Preferred Group (Westin loyalty program) is very poor for company paid stays compared to Hilton or Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Larkin74

Greetings; I sincerely do apologize that your experience at the hotel fell short of both our expectations. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not consistent with the usual high levels of service and satisfaction that we customarily provide to our guests. I hope you will make a return visit to, giving us the opportunity to provide you with a more consistent experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife, baby, dog and I stayed for three days while we were moving out of our house, and preparing to move to Angola. We checked in with 25 pcs of luggage, of which they graciously stored for us. We stayed Ina suit, and everything was perfect. Our baby loved the crib and our dog loved the dog bed. The pool was nice (heated) and the hotel offers a sky bridge that connects to the mall. When the car service came to pick us up for the airport, all 25 bags were ready to be loaded at 6am. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Stay in room 1601 It is the largest of the exec. suites located at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian H
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Greetings ; Thank you for the great feedback! We are delighted that you choose the Westin Houston, Memorial City for your stay prior to relocating to Angola. A move of that scale must be challenging for you and yoru family, glad we were able to make your last three days in Houston as stress free as possible. Please come back and see us again when you are visiting Houston.