“Quality Property & Friendly Staff”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #10 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. The room was excellent. The facility is spotless and modern. The staff attentive. No sorts of noise from inside or out.
The skyway across the mall from the third floor makes accessing it easy. So, after dealing with Houston traffic I could just walk to an easy dinner there the first night and downstairs in the hotel the second.
Tip - As I was meeting others who would have cars, I took a cab from the airport. Returning I arranged for a car at the front desk. The car service was so much more comfortable and pleasant - best of all it was actually cheaper! From George Bush the cab cost $90. The car service was a flat $78! I'd call the hotel and arrange for the car to take you from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We do have a great property in location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. From everyone on our staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfect location! I stayed there for business last November 2012 Unfortunately only stayed one night.
The staff were very friendly and The hotel has bridge access over to the Memorial City mall.
When we go back to Houston - we will always stay at this Westin

Room Tip: My room was facing the freeway and I can hear the cars .Wasn't noisy but it was audible
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to share your compliments on our hotel. We do have a great property in location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved this hotel! The staff was wonderful and so attentive, The rooms were decorated nicely and I loved the bed, very comfy. The pool area was great, just wish it wasn't cold when I was there. The bar was very trendy and I really enjoyed just sitting in there and enjoying a drink. There is a bridgeway that takes you over to Memorial City Mall which is nice given the traffic in the area. All in all a great experience. I will definitely book this hotel again and also recommend to others!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of our special amenities that we offer to our guests. I will share your comments with our staff - they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service. We look forward to a return visit!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

nice location and quiet rooms. Need to make sure during Christmas you get a room near the top as it get noisy near the ground. Nothing special, but nice people and dependable. Have and will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Greetings – I appreciate you sharing your review of your stay with us. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your visit! Our goal is definitely to do everything possible so our guests feel well cared for. The 024 Grille, our “Heavenly Beds”, a friendly and helpful staff, and a clean and luxurious environment, are just a few of the things we feel are important to achieve our goal of making you feel special while visiting us. I hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked our entire staff into this hotel for a Christmas party we were having nearby. The staff was very accommodating, I pre-paid everyone's room and valet parking so our staff could merely arrive, valet park, and get their keys at no charge. The hotel is nice, new, and clean. The staff were friendly and professional. This is a tip-friendly hotel, so prepare to tip everyone from the valet to the bellhop. It's a 4-star hotel at its fullest. The bar downstairs is decent, but closes early. The smoking deck is very well-equipped and the infinity pool is awesome.

The rooms are beautiful and well-furnished. The showers are modern - no bathtub in our room - and attractive. The fixtures, carpet, everything screams high quality. The views aren't very great in any room....a freeway, a parking garage, and Memorial City Mall. I'm surprised at how nice Memorial City Mall has gotten. It was a real dump back in the day, but it's risen to the occasion. You get a free coupon at check in for Macy's at the mall and it was a nice touch.

I didn't eat at the restaurant. All in all, a great visit, but it won't be cheap. For the money, I could do better, but this is clearly the nicest hotel in the energy corridor.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the parking garage for the quietest experience.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband I checked in to this hotel the day after Christmas. It was in the evening, but that's no excuse for the lack of customer service that we experienced. The manager on duty, who was also the only person checking people in, failed to acknowledge anyone other than the couple she was helping at the moment.
She did make a half-hearted attempt to apologize, but only once I made it to the desk. She did not offer anything to make our stay better.
Once we arrived in our room, we were too tired to care much about anything other than sleeping. The space was average. The room was clean enough. The bathroom had this great shower---as we'd expected with the Westin.

When we checked out, the manager on duty had heard about the evening before. He offered to give us a free meal at the hotel restaurant. Not sure we'll ever return to use the voucher. It's a shame too, this place is in such an ideal location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Knowlesitall
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is what I would consider a classic Westin property - relatively new (built in the last couple of years) and in a decent location (easy access to I10 and Beltway 8). The hotel also has bridge access over to the Memorial City mall (and there is also a Target inside the mall). There are many restaurants located within walking and/or driving distance from the mall, as well, including the new City Centre that constantly has new restaurants opening up.

The hotel honors Preferred status and during my most recent stay, the hotel upgraded me to a junior suite. The room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower.

I've stayed at this property a couple of times now, and the few times I've interacted with the staff, they have always been pleasant and helpful. I stayed at this hotel most recently on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas Day morning, there was a small stocking filled with chocolates left hanging on our door. What a nice touch!

A notable drawback to this property is that you have to pay for parking - overnight self-parking (with in/out privileges) is $12/night, not including tax.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pchang637
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We do have a great property in location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.