The Westin Houston Memorial City
Preferred Hotels
$219
$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$121
$259
$145
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolamerican girlcake popscheesecake factorysky walkcovered walkwayheavenly bedmall across the streetexecutive suitekaty freewayhot tubself parkingfabulous hotelenergy corridorthird floorgreat amenitiesfavorite hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed there for business this November. I was surprised to be at the last floor, the 17th, as I am not in any level of their loyalty program. The hotel looks really good, like an hotel, not fancy/ in the darkness like the Sorella for instance. Marbles all around, giving a feeling of excellency.
Check in no issues, despite late evening, and room very very spacious, bathroom with shower and tub, and two sinks.
Very clean and professional. I quickly checked the executive lounge for breakfast, but it is something you can use only if you are not hungry. Tried also the restaurant for dinner and breakfast - good but not great.
A plus is the link to the Memorial city mall, for shopping if you need, it surely is quite a walk, but in this way you do not need to cross any road.
Recommended for business if your office is close by. The price is steep like any other hotel in Houston ~300$ a night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Greetings; thank you for your review on the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer our guests in order to make their stay comfortable. From everyone on our staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fred Astaire dance competition was conducted at the Westin December 9, 2012. Although I was the only participant from our family, my wife accompanied me as a spectator. We decided to stay at the Westin instead of driving the 3-hours from San Antonio and back in one day. The welcome was spectacular; the reception persons provided service above what I would call normal greetings and assurances that our stay would be memorable. The hotel was situated comfortably in Houston, making easy on and off I-10. The guest room was roomy, clean and welcoming. The shower was very relaxing-with a rain shower head. The bed was very comfortable; and, I'm very particular. The Grille 024 restaurant provided a good breakfast buffet, but the servers went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. I found the hotel experience very nice. Generally, my wife and I stay at Bed & Breakfast establishments because we enjoy our comfort. However, the Westin made us feel just at home as most B&B's. Coming to or driving through Houston-the Weston is worth the stop.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Greetings; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to take advantage of our special amenities that we offer to our guests. I will share your comments with our staff - they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The service lack finesse and consistency for a AAA - Four Diamond Award hotel. Requests like point credit and weekly email bills are ignored. Issues continued to be unresolved regardless of escalation channels. Location and newer room do not make up for their weak points.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank D-efault9999

Thank you for your thoughts. You seem to be an experienced traveler, and you know what to expect from a Four Diamond Award Hotel. You know that this is not an award that is just given away lightly. Admittedly, there is a rare occasion when issues arise and a guest leaves unsatisfied. This is a serious concern to me! I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and would like to ask if you could take the time to contact me directly so we can discuss this in more detail. I make no excuses, but would like the opportunity to apologize personally.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great location, two minutes from I-10. You can walk inside a tunnel with A/C to the Memorial City Mall or next door to the Memorial Hermann Memoriay City Medical Center. Hotel has a complimentary shuttle to business nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Greetings - I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We do have a great property in a great location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here the past weekend for myself. I was upgraded to the executive suite, which i greatly appreciate.The room was very nice, having a patio to myself was definitely a plus to my stay. The mall side view was very nice. The fitness center and the rooftop heated pool were amazing. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank albert y

Well thank you for your feedback...and your compliments! It is so important to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay with us, and it seems like you did! The "heavenly beds" in our comfortable rooms, the fitness center and rooftop pool...I am so pleased when I hear from another happy guest. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.