“Great stay!”

Ranked #18 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Great stay!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my daughter adn her friends for a birthday nigth out and a visit to the new American Girl store. The hotel was lovely! The girls were thrilled with it. We had a large suite with seperate living room - the bedroom was huge and the bed was very comfortable.
The rooftop pool was wonderful. Great views. The breakfast was very nice - though not much seating is offered in the lounge.
Staff was all very kind and helpful.
The weekend shopping rate is very good - with a $100 mall gift card. The girls were happy to spend it.
My only complaint is the bathroom is very roomy but has very little counter space and not enough hooks to hang towels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
It certainly sounds like you had great visit to our hotel, and left with some very happy young ladies! I am very excited to share your review with the staff here, as I know they will be pleased to hear that they were part of what sounds like a very happy memory for you, your daughter, and her friends. I also sincerely appreciate your suggestion regarding the bathroom in your room, and will be discussing this with them as well. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am sad to report that I am very disappointed in the bed at this Westin. It was hard and lumpy, not heavenly, like sleeping on a cloud. I stayed at the Westin in downtown Calgary, Alberta, Canada a few years ago and it was the BEST sleep I have ever had in a hotel. No so much at this Houston upscale Westin in Memorial City. I would not recommend this hotel, OR I do recommend that you test the comfort of the bed upon check-in and asked to be moved to a more comfortable room if it does not meet or exceed your expectations, based on the Westin's reputation for the divine Heavenly Beds. Not impressed, not at all. Oh, and our room window faces the Sam Houston tollway: very noisy day and night. There doesn't appear to be any noise abatement here.

Room Tip: Check out the comfort of the bed upon check-in. If it does not meet your expectations, asked to be m...
1 Thank KarenFromTexas
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. I was very concerned to read of the issues that you had during your stay with us. We receive a lot of positive comments from guests, and I would like to address this situation as soon as possible to ensure that this does not happen again. If you would kindly consider taking the time to phone me directly, I would greatly appreciate having an opportunity to find out more details from you. We have very high standards for our hotel, and we take the comfort and satisfaction of our guests very seriously. Thank you.
Chicago
Reviewed October 24, 2012

the Westin Memorial has only been open a year and a half. You can really get the feeling that that's true as soon as you walk in. It seems as if the plastic wrapping has just been pulled off. Not in a bad way, but in a way that you know they are doing a good job with the upkeep of a new property. Very ample meeting space, good layout and comfort in guest rooms, decent food, nice bar and attentive staff. The air quality in the room seems quite good and this is no small feat in Houston where the humidity rapidly makes everything somewhat mildewy. You don't get that sense in the guest rooms at all. It also seems "green" though I didnt seem much explicit signage indicating any bragging about what eco-friendly materials they used in the construction and decor. This Westin is also in a good location -- actually adjoining Memorial City mall. If you are stuck without a rental car on a business trip you can at least get outside and just walk across the skybridge or across the street to many shops, restaurants and movies. Overall the Westin Memorial City is just a darn good value in a city where there are lots of mediocre properties courting business travelers.

1 Thank lisainthestates
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about our hotel, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our top priority is to ensure that all of our guests, whether here for business or pleasure, feel comfortable and well taken care of. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff, and they will be so happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We get a lot of positive feedback on our great location, our new restaurant The 024 Grille, and the other many amenities we provide for our guests during their visit. It is nice to hear that all of these things contributed to you having a great stay with us.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Attached to a big mall and also a hospital, which was a bit surreal, but I am sure visitors to the hospital find it a great location.Very good service from friendly check in to easy departure. Unfortunately only stayed one night, but appreciated huge suite with large living area and so comfortable bed. Very quiet room, but not much of a view. Used the pool area and it was a bit odd to be sunbathing exposed to the noise, fumes and view of the drivers on the freeway close by. But nice pool and sunloungers.Nice club lounge with reasonable breakfast and snacks at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Greetings- Thank you for your positive comments! Although your stay was a short one, visiting our pool, enjoying a good meal in the lounge, and relaxing in your suite – it does sound like you had a great stay with us – and we certainly do get a lot of compliments on our signature “Heavenly Beds” and the amazing comfort they provide to our guests! Our staff truly goes to great lengths to provide personalized, quality service to each of our guests. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you back again in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

A new hotel, attached by walkway to the Memorial Mall (and hospital).

Staff friendly & efficient, great rooms (our suite was spacious & very well equipped), and a small but good pool area on the 18th floor (quite windy and noisy).

I only ate in the club lounge, so can't comment on the restaurant or bar, but they both looked good.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings- On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for your kind review. We receive a lot of positive feedback about our great location, our lounge and restaurant, The 024 Grille, and our friendly and efficient staff. Our staff does put their best foot forward in order to provide each and every one of our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay, so I know that they will be so pleased to hear you review. I hope you will be back to visit again very soon.
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Lives this hotel and extremely comfortable for the business traveller
Great bartenders downstairs and a very welcoming front desk staff
Will definitely be back! Definitely a must stay if you don't need to be in downtown houston

• Stayed October 2012
Hello - thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel and staff. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your visit, and I look forward to sharing your review with the staff. Making sure that our guests receive the very best service in a comfortable and relaxed setting is our primary goal, and I am so happy to hear we are accomplishing that! We look forward to the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travel to Houston for business purposes and love this new hotel. The 024 lounge includes a modern waterfall with plenty of separate furniture groupings for discussions with your co-workers. The lounge staff are very friendly and willing to work with you on obtaining items off the menu even after regular kitchen closing time. The room and bed were great and the in-room safe the perfect size for multiple laptops and other electronics.
The only issue occured when I needed to check out at 4am to catch a 6am flight out of Houston Hobby. The hotel no longer prints the check out docs and puts them under the door and I had a 15-20 min search around the lobby and the first floor to finally find a front desk attendant to process my departure and make it to the airport in time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings – and thank you for your review! We are, of course, always pleased to hear that our guests enjoy our hotel and the efforts taken by our staff to make their visit a truly exceptional experience. We have been receiving so many great reviews for our new restaurant and lounge, The 024 Grille, and I am pleased that you enjoyed it as well. I was concerned to hear that you had an issue upon checkout, and I will be sharing this with our front office staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you will be back to visit us again.