“a quiet gem in a crowded field”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #11 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 24, 2012

the Westin Memorial has only been open a year and a half. You can really get the feeling that that's true as soon as you walk in. It seems as if the plastic wrapping has just been pulled off. Not in a bad way, but in a way that you know they are doing a good job with the upkeep of a new property. Very ample meeting space, good layout and comfort in guest rooms, decent food, nice bar and attentive staff. The air quality in the room seems quite good and this is no small feat in Houston where the humidity rapidly makes everything somewhat mildewy. You don't get that sense in the guest rooms at all. It also seems "green" though I didnt seem much explicit signage indicating any bragging about what eco-friendly materials they used in the construction and decor. This Westin is also in a good location -- actually adjoining Memorial City mall. If you are stuck without a rental car on a business trip you can at least get outside and just walk across the skybridge or across the street to many shops, restaurants and movies. Overall the Westin Memorial City is just a darn good value in a city where there are lots of mediocre properties courting business travelers.

1  Thank lisainthestates
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about our hotel, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our top priority is to ensure that all of our guests, whether here for business or pleasure, feel comfortable and well taken care of. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff, and they will be so happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We get a lot of positive feedback on our great location, our new restaurant The 024 Grille, and the other many amenities we provide for our guests during their visit. It is nice to hear that all of these things contributed to you having a great stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Attached to a big mall and also a hospital, which was a bit surreal, but I am sure visitors to the hospital find it a great location.Very good service from friendly check in to easy departure. Unfortunately only stayed one night, but appreciated huge suite with large living area and so comfortable bed. Very quiet room, but not much of a view. Used the pool area and it was a bit odd to be sunbathing exposed to the noise, fumes and view of the drivers on the freeway close by. But nice pool and sunloungers.Nice club lounge with reasonable breakfast and snacks at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Greetings- Thank you for your positive comments! Although your stay was a short one, visiting our pool, enjoying a good meal in the lounge, and relaxing in your suite – it does sound like you had a great stay with us – and we certainly do get a lot of compliments on our signature “Heavenly Beds” and the amazing comfort they provide to our guests! Our staff truly goes to great lengths to provide personalized, quality service to each of our guests. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A new hotel, attached by walkway to the Memorial Mall (and hospital).

Staff friendly & efficient, great rooms (our suite was spacious & very well equipped), and a small but good pool area on the 18th floor (quite windy and noisy).

I only ate in the club lounge, so can't comment on the restaurant or bar, but they both looked good.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings- On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for your kind review. We receive a lot of positive feedback about our great location, our lounge and restaurant, The 024 Grille, and our friendly and efficient staff. Our staff does put their best foot forward in order to provide each and every one of our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay, so I know that they will be so pleased to hear you review. I hope you will be back to visit again very soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Lives this hotel and extremely comfortable for the business traveller
Great bartenders downstairs and a very welcoming front desk staff
Will definitely be back! Definitely a must stay if you don't need to be in downtown houston

• Stayed: October 2012

Hello - thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel and staff. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your visit, and I look forward to sharing your review with the staff. Making sure that our guests receive the very best service in a comfortable and relaxed setting is our primary goal, and I am so happy to hear we are accomplishing that! We look forward to the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I travel to Houston for business purposes and love this new hotel. The 024 lounge includes a modern waterfall with plenty of separate furniture groupings for discussions with your co-workers. The lounge staff are very friendly and willing to work with you on obtaining items off the menu even after regular kitchen closing time. The room and bed were great and the in-room safe the perfect size for multiple laptops and other electronics.
The only issue occured when I needed to check out at 4am to catch a 6am flight out of Houston Hobby. The hotel no longer prints the check out docs and puts them under the door and I had a 15-20 min search around the lobby and the first floor to finally find a front desk attendant to process my departure and make it to the airport in time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings – and thank you for your review! We are, of course, always pleased to hear that our guests enjoy our hotel and the efforts taken by our staff to make their visit a truly exceptional experience. We have been receiving so many great reviews for our new restaurant and lounge, The 024 Grille, and I am pleased that you enjoyed it as well. I was concerned to hear that you had an issue upon checkout, and I will be sharing this with our front office staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you will be back to visit us again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just got back from a trip to Houston, Texas - we stayed at the Westin at Memorial City. All I can saw is "WOW" - from the start of our stay until when we left - everything was beyond perfect. The most impressive of all was that the employees there were friendly, helpful, genuine, nice, - you get the picture. I was blown away with their friendiness. The room - OMG - the room was the best room we have ever stayed in!!!! It had everything. Talk about spacious - the bathroom had a bathtub AND a shower and was enormous. The TV was enormous - the bed was heavenly!!! Everyone was so helpful.....I went to the mall - which was just across the street and there was a shuttle that took me and when I called for them to come back and pick me up - they did so quickly. We were treated like royalty. The hotel is close to just about everything you could need - I hated to leave there - it was SUCH a wonderful stay. The front desk employees were so helpful and they were friendly and nice - I just cannot say enough good things about this hotel. When we go back to Houston - we will always stay at this Westin...it is the most amazing hotel ever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MsPoohBelle
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello - I am so anxious to share your review with our staff! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your visit with us, and they will be so pleased to hear that they were an integral part of that. We receive so many fabulous comments from our guests about our hotel and staff, and it is always a pleasure to hear. We look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Memorial City as a quick get away and loved it. We had a few problems booking the room (we were transferred to the wrong extension twice) but it was worth it. Upon arrival Valeria was efficient and helpful. She gave us a fantastic upgrade which was far away from the convention that was going on. The view of the Houston Galleria area at night and the sun rising in the morning was great. The infinity pool on the 18th floor was nice but we didn't try it out due to the rainy weather and LOTS of people. The view is very nice! The pool is heated so it could be used most of the year. The section of the 18th floor where the pool is located is covered but open on the sides to the elements. The 24 Grille, located in the lobby is a little expensive but comparable to other hotels. I recommend the Orange Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast. Yum! This Westin provides a free shuttle to nearby businesses and restaurants. They do charge for parking so the free shuttle is the way to go. CityCentre is about 15 minutes away and a great place to meet friends, shop and eat out. BUT Memorial City Mall is within walking distance, just across the street from the hotel. They are connected by a 3rd floor sky walk. The only problem we experienced was the hotel is next to a hospital so there are sirens at various times. It didn't bother me (sound sleeper), but my husband heard them during the night.

Room Tip: As high as possible for the best views and away from the noise. The one bedroom suite is fantastic.