“Pretty Sweet”

Ranked #22 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Waldorf, Maryland
“Pretty Sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel is located across from Memorial City Mall and attached to a nice medical facility where you can reach the mall via a sky walk way. The hotel itself was clean and modern. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. I’m a platinum member with Starwood so I started with a regular king bed room and then was upgraded the next day to a suite. I used the executive club for breakfast and evening snacks. The service and staff in the club was very pleasant. My one complaint was that it was so small compared to the other Westin I have stayed in. In the morning it could get really crowded in there. Housekeeping was ok; my only complaint was not one time didn’t they put in any toiletries, no body wash, lotion or anything. I even took them all out and put them in my suitcase and nothing was replaced ever. I was there for 11days. I also used self-parking garage it was painless just be careful some people drive really fast in the garage. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would stay there again. I didn’t get to use the pool or Jacuzzi even though I stayed on the 18th floor. But it looked very nice along with the gym.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Greetings; Thanks for sharing your experiences while a guest at the hotel. The hotel does indeed have a great location located just minutes from the energy corridor. The Skywalk to Memorial City Mall is very popular with our guests as many of them take advantage of the shopping. The Club Lounge is also a very popular feature of the hotel. it can get busy in the mornings as we do have a lot of guests who enjoy the Club Floor amenities and features. I do appologize that we did not replenish your bathroom amenities in a timely manner, our housekeeping teams do a great job and I am surprised that this was missed. I will share your feedback with the team. I hope we will see you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Houston Westin in Memorial City for 10 nights. The room was a king deluxe room with a nice comfy bed, good working area, large screen tv on a swivel with HD Programming!!! a nice sitting area by the window, a very spacious bathroom with a seperate shower and a bathtub, dual sink and mirrors with excellent lighting. The full length mirror was excellently placed in the room next ro the entrance to the bathroom. The room also had a small refrigerator neatly hidden under the counter and a safe in the closet. The lounge opens around 6 for a continental breakfast, lots of choices for cereals, bagels, muffins, coffee, teas, and juices. Evening snacks were provided as well. I personally did care for the evening food
but there was complimentary drinks provided until 730 and the lounge itself was open until 11p. Water, chips, soda, candies, chocolate covered pretzels all for the taking!!! Thumbs up to the lounge staff....always pleasant and smiling with a greeting to everyone. A really nice pool setting up on 18th floor overlooks the highway and on the right day, some lovely sunsets. Self parking is easy enough and probably faster than Valet service. Park on third floor of garage
and go right into hotel. Hertz rental car is located right in the hotel. Cheesecake Factory right across the street. Hospital right next door. Easy access onto Katy freeway 4 miles West of 610 and about 1 mile east of Highway 8. Definitely would stay again....and again and again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank afclakr
, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Greetings; Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the hotel, it is evident by your comments that you had a wonderful visit. I was pleased to read that you did enjoy the Club Lounge, we receive a great deal of very positive comments about the Club Lounge. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed in Houston with my husband over this last weekend and we just loved how comfy the Deluxe room was. We stayed on the 8th floor, but had a really nice view of the city and mall area. The bathroom was nothing less than palatial with the his/her sinks and the 2 separate shower/tub options. This is a really great room for two folks who hog the bathroom on a normal basis because you both can get cleaned up at the same time. Sadly, we didn't have time to enjoy the restaurant or other aspects of the hotel, but it's a really beautiful place in a very upscale looking part of Houston JUST off the freeway. We would DEFINITELY stay again and I'm pretty picky. The ONLY complaint is the $12 for daily parking, but that is expected when staying in a somewhat urban hotel - property is at a premium so they build UP rather than out with huge parking lots.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DeAunderia
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Greetings; Thanks for the comments, the bathrooms in our deluxe corner king rooms are indeed very large, we do get a great deal of very positive comments about the hotel along with the quality of the guestrooms. It was unfortunate that your busy schedule did not allow you the opportunity to enjoy the restaurant, lounge and some shopping at Memorial City Mall, I hope that we will see you back at the hotel soon and that your next visit will afford you the opportunity to enjoy all the amenities that the hotel has to offer.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I went away for a few days and when we checked in we were upgraded from a Deluxe room to an Executive Club Suite! The room was on the 14th floor and was beautiful with a large living area and large bedroom. The balcony was phenomenal! There were 2 mini fridges and a wonderful Bose stereo system. The pool area was nice where we relaxed and laid out and watched the stars. We also took advantage of the club room that was very. Ice to grab chips and driinks. We loved the skywalk to the mall and Cheesecake Factory. Overall it was great staff, not busy, great rate, and very clean!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grayfish4
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Greetings; Thank you for sharing your experience. I was pleased to read that your visit was restfull and that you were able to enjoy many of the hotel amenities including the Club Lounge. We get lots of great comments about the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I found the Westin Memorial City to be a fine hotel. While it is a long way from the IAH, if you need to be in that part of Houston, then I would recommend this hotel. The staff were amazingly friendly, the room was spacious and well appointed. On my list of must haves:

Fluffy towels: 3 stars, just middle of the road
Breakfast: 4 stars, you have a number of choices whether in the hotel or across the street
Free internet: 1 star. Just available in the lobby. However, given the price of the room, the $10/day fee is well mitigated.
Pillows: 4 stars: plenty and comfortable
Water pressure: 5 stars, excellent.

Room Tip: Ask about the upgrade for free wi-fi and access to the executive floor. I only found out about it a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greetings; Thanks for sharing your feedback. I truly do appreciate it and enjoy hearing from our valued guests. The property opened in March 2011 and is indeed very modern and features many great amenities including a sky walk to Memorial City Mall. I hope we will see you again very soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

For such a new hotel, this place is has some problems.I travel weekly for work and after around 100 nights at this hotel I switched. The shower heads, more times than not, were either broken or malfunctioning. The parking deck is a huge pain and typically the gate does not work when exiting. The air conditioning is horrible in most the rooms. Good luck getting a room to actually be 70 degrees in temperature. The food is absolutely horrible. There are like three items that are respectable, but not if you are paying for them on your own. If you are not a Platinum member DO NOT PAY FOR INTERNET. Their internet is absolutely terrible and should be considered a scam. If you get a room on the "club floor", plan on listenting to weights drop and people run on the treadmill on the floor above you.

Aside from the internet, the worst part abotu the hotel is the air in the rooms. Its almost like the room is damp at times. Very uncomforting.

On a positive note, most of the staff is pleasant to deal with. Tukai, one of the front desk associates, is awesome.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travelinmanguy
Greetings; I sincerely do appologize that your experience at the hotel fell short of both our expectations. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not consistent with the usual high levels of service and staisfaction that we customarily provide to our guests. We have made some changes to the hotel most recently which now offer a much improved level of bandwidth service for all our guests and we have also recently introduced a new restaurant concept called 024 Grille. I hope your able to return and experience these two recent changes.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a room for my parents to stay near our house. They enjoyed the room, however the organisation at the hotel was terrible.

I initially booked online and pre-paid the room. We then decided to take the upgrade to club floor for an extra $30/night. For some reason they billed my card for the room (again) plus the upgrade fee. On check we were told this was a mistake, and the charge would be refunded (ok everyone makes mistakes). On check out - they said they would waive the upgrade fee for our trouble (good customer services I was thinking).

But on checking my credit card I was not refunded, and in fact charged again for the room. I called the hotel - who assured me they had made the refund, so I called the bank who confirmed they did charge my card again.

I am so far $1200 down for 2 nights at this hotel and no resolution in sight...

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Greetings; Thank You for sharing your comments about the mis-handling of your advance deposit. I am truly sorry for the oversight on our part and will ensure that all the monies are refunded immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly as it is extremely important to me that we rectify this oversight and re-gain your confidence in the Westin Houston. I can assure you that your most recent experience does not in any way represent the levle of service of which we are capable and often provide on a daily basis to our valued guests.