“Absolutely wonderful!!!”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #18 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I went away for a few days and when we checked in we were upgraded from a Deluxe room to an Executive Club Suite! The room was on the 14th floor and was beautiful with a large living area and large bedroom. The balcony was phenomenal! There were 2 mini fridges and a wonderful Bose stereo system. The pool area was nice where we relaxed and laid out and watched the stars. We also took advantage of the club room that was very. Ice to grab chips and driinks. We loved the skywalk to the mall and Cheesecake Factory. Overall it was great staff, not busy, great rate, and very clean!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grayfish4
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Greetings; Thank you for sharing your experience. I was pleased to read that your visit was restfull and that you were able to enjoy many of the hotel amenities including the Club Lounge. We get lots of great comments about the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Houston Memorial City

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I found the Westin Memorial City to be a fine hotel. While it is a long way from the IAH, if you need to be in that part of Houston, then I would recommend this hotel. The staff were amazingly friendly, the room was spacious and well appointed. On my list of must haves:

Fluffy towels: 3 stars, just middle of the road
Breakfast: 4 stars, you have a number of choices whether in the hotel or across the street
Free internet: 1 star. Just available in the lobby. However, given the price of the room, the $10/day fee is well mitigated.
Pillows: 4 stars: plenty and comfortable
Water pressure: 5 stars, excellent.

Room Tip: Ask about the upgrade for free wi-fi and access to the executive floor. I only found out about it a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Greetings; Thanks for sharing your feedback. I truly do appreciate it and enjoy hearing from our valued guests. The property opened in March 2011 and is indeed very modern and features many great amenities including a sky walk to Memorial City Mall. I hope we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

For such a new hotel, this place is has some problems.I travel weekly for work and after around 100 nights at this hotel I switched. The shower heads, more times than not, were either broken or malfunctioning. The parking deck is a huge pain and typically the gate does not work when exiting. The air conditioning is horrible in most the rooms. Good luck getting a room to actually be 70 degrees in temperature. The food is absolutely horrible. There are like three items that are respectable, but not if you are paying for them on your own. If you are not a Platinum member DO NOT PAY FOR INTERNET. Their internet is absolutely terrible and should be considered a scam. If you get a room on the "club floor", plan on listenting to weights drop and people run on the treadmill on the floor above you.

Aside from the internet, the worst part abotu the hotel is the air in the rooms. Its almost like the room is damp at times. Very uncomforting.

On a positive note, most of the staff is pleasant to deal with. Tukai, one of the front desk associates, is awesome.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelinmanguy
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Greetings; I sincerely do appologize that your experience at the hotel fell short of both our expectations. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not consistent with the usual high levels of service and staisfaction that we customarily provide to our guests. We have made some changes to the hotel most recently which now offer a much improved level of bandwidth service for all our guests and we have also recently introduced a new restaurant concept called 024 Grille. I hope your able to return and experience these two recent changes.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a room for my parents to stay near our house. They enjoyed the room, however the organisation at the hotel was terrible.

I initially booked online and pre-paid the room. We then decided to take the upgrade to club floor for an extra $30/night. For some reason they billed my card for the room (again) plus the upgrade fee. On check we were told this was a mistake, and the charge would be refunded (ok everyone makes mistakes). On check out - they said they would waive the upgrade fee for our trouble (good customer services I was thinking).

But on checking my credit card I was not refunded, and in fact charged again for the room. I called the hotel - who assured me they had made the refund, so I called the bank who confirmed they did charge my card again.

I am so far $1200 down for 2 nights at this hotel and no resolution in sight...

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Greetings; Thank You for sharing your comments about the mis-handling of your advance deposit. I am truly sorry for the oversight on our part and will ensure that all the monies are refunded immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly as it is extremely important to me that we rectify this oversight and re-gain your confidence in the Westin Houston. I can assure you that your most recent experience does not in any way represent the levle of service of which we are capable and often provide on a daily basis to our valued guests.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

If you find yourself in this part of Houston, the Westin Houston Memorial City is the place to stay. This modern, new hotel is well situated near major highways with easy access to local businesses.

The rooms are VERY comfortable, while the heavenly bed isn't as special as it used to be.. I still get some of my very best night's sleep at Westin properties.

The lobby area and front entrance can be pretty crowded during peak times in the morning, especially if there is a group meeting or conference going on. Skip trying to park in the garage and valet park

The Memorial City mall is connected to the hotel via a sky-bridge -- and provides a nice change of scene if you are on the road for business. Bring your ice-skates there is an indoor ice-ring!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fryfrye
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Greetings; thanks for the comments about the hotel, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you were able to enjoy the Ice Rink at Memorial City Mall, the rink is a very unique feature to the mall and many of our guests enjoy their public skating offerings. I hope we will see you back at the hotel very soon..

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel has some of the best service I have ever experienced. The staff excels in service, upon arrival, my room was not ready but was able to check in. They stored my luggage while I attended a session of my work conference the staff took my luggage to my room then found me in the conference room and handed me the keys. Still don't know how they remembered me because there were several checking in at the same time and we all received the same service. Job well done Westin.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Greetings; Thank you for sharing your comments, the associates at the hotel are very passionate about service and do a great job of making each guest feel special. I was delighted to read that you experienced this first hand and that many of your colleagues also noted the level of superior service. I hope we will see you back at the hotel very soon..

Reviewed May 17, 2012

First off, the price for this place on a weekend was a steal. If you can get rooms for $119-$130 a night, it is extremely worth it. Hopefully they don't raise them too high, but this hotel could probably easily be priced much higher, but then again they are the experts so they know what they're doing. They attracted me, didn't they?
We stayed a Friday and Saturday night, three day weekend in Houston. The only major downside would have to be that it's on the Katy Freeway, so coming in on Friday from the east can be a pain, unless you take the beltway around. Exit I-10 East from the Beltway all the way on the west side of town and you get your own dedicated exit to Gessner and the hotel. Made things much easier than coming across straight on I-10.
Valet parking isn't cheap. You can park yourself for cheaper. But the valet staff was really helpful and professional. You won't be disappointed using them.
Checking in was about as painless as I've ever experienced, plus they registered me into their rewards program too, didn't take long at all. The elevators are key access above the third floor for added security. Most modern hotels have this.
The room was only a traditional yet it was much larger than I was imagining. On the 7th floor. It had an excellent view, large floor to ceiling windows. It had a good size refrigerator. The bathroom shower had two shower heads. The tub didn't drain very quickly, but it wasn't an issue for me. Also, the phone calls to valet were very staticy. Wish wifi or computer access was free. Read that it wasn't, but we didn't use it, so I can't totally say for certain.
There is an open patio area on the 18th floor, hot tub, infinity pool that is 3-4 feet, large sitting area and fitness area. It was really nice and the breeze for a late spring day was great. In winter, it could get cold up there.
I didn't eat in the hotel besides the bar snacks so I can't rate the food. The bar, 024, was superb. Great service and drinks for reasonable prices to other major bars in major cities.
The location is really great. It's off Gessner at Memorial City Mall. There is a skybridge to the mall. They have Target, Macy's, Apple Store, sports stores, etc. For food, they have a food court, plus a sports bar, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory and a Tex Mex place although it was more like line up service, not a traditional restaurant.
Noise wasn't an issue in the room. I heard an ambulance once for the nearby hospital. Storms came through and although I could see the lightning, I never heard the thunder. The beds are very comfortable, a ton of pillows, too many for me. And the bedspread kind of got me hot but I just kicked it off. The bed itself was very comfortable. Huge flat panel tv also with a lot of channels.
On the weekend, the drive on the Katy wasn't a problem at all into the city. You won't regret staying here, especially for the price. I'd say anything under $180-200 is good, under $130-140 is great at this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank darylwi

Greetings; Thank you for sharing your comments, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel. The Westin Houston opened in March 2011 so the decor, design and rooms are very modern and very comfortable. I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our discounted weekend rates, it is a great value and a great way to enjoy a quick weekend getaway. We continue to offer some great packages and deals on the weekend. I hope that you will be back soon for another visit.